Logan Part 2

Soft lips made contact with my cheek, awakening me from my peaceful slumber. A smirk grew on my face as I wrapped my arm around my beautiful girlfriend who was already cuddling into me. As our eyes locked she gave me the cutest, most innocent smile, acting as though she didn't just wake me up. Not that I minded being awoken by such a gorgeous human, I thought as I lazily and sleepily smiled back at her. 

"Morning babe," I said with my raspy morning voice that I knew drove her crazy. Her goofy smile immediately proved my point. She cuddled into my shoulder, trying to hide her adorably blushing face. 

"Thanks for carrying me back yesterday," she mumbled into my shoulder as she continued to snuggle into me. I nodded and smiled at her, too tired to even formulate words. Instead I pulled her closer to my body to cuddle. We lied there for a few minutes, although I wish we could have been there forever, before having to get up and get ready.

Despite the reluctancy to break the silence and peace between us I knew we had to get a move on, or we would risk missing our flight back home. Although our vacation was unforgettable and undebatably perfect and special, our home awaited greater things to come as well. So I softly whispered to my girlfriend, "Lets get changed, don't wanna miss our flight." 

She tilted her head up from its resting position on my chest and slowly kissed my lips. I returned the passionate kiss, before we both groaned and grumbled our way out of bed to get changed. We quickly made ourselves look half decent, thankfully the airplanes don't have a high standard of dress, if any at all. Then hand in hand we headed to Dean and Maggie's room all the way next door. I knocked and within moments Dean opened the door, luggage in hand, hair magnificently  and gravity defyingly spiked, all ready to go.

"Good morning love birds," I smugly said to Dean as Maggie approached her boyfriend at the door, wrapping her slim arms around his waist. For a late night, both of them looked so much better put together than Sasha and I. They sported matching sports jersey and caps, while my girlfriend and I wore sweats on sweats on sweats. Regardless, I could tell they had a good night because Dean had that same goofball smile that I had when I woke up. That smile that just stretches across the entire face and totally gives away the kind of night you just had. The kind of smile that asks if yesterday was even real, although being well aware of the answer. The smile that a partner claimed is breathtaking because they knew that they took your breath away. You know, that smile. 

Dean being Dean, he smoothly brushed my comment aside and wished us a good morning then getting straight down to business about plane times and having to leave "right away!" 

Following Dean's lead we all exited the hotel and boarded our rented car to drive to the airport. The conversation was fun and lighthearted as we travelled towards the airport, which would bring tear us away from our little paradise. 

As we neared the airport, conversations died down, Dean focused on his driving, and I drifted in and out of sleep. Not long after I was sharply awoken by  loud noise. Well, not just a loud noise, but a continuous ear piercing sound of crunching metal and indescribable other weird noises, clearly indicating that our car was in pain, and something was definitely wrong. 

"Shit," Dean said mumbled, confirming my suspicion. The treacherous noise continued as Dean pulled over to the side of the road. The wriggles on his face contradicted his calm demeanour, but his girlfriend nor I was fooled.  

"What's wrong babe?" Maggie asked, her voice thick with her concern as she reached across from the passenger seat to interlace their fingers. Dean absentmindedly held her hand back, while running his other hand through his once perfectly styled hair. He usually did such a thing when stuck in a undesired predicament and was trying to think of how to fix it. Times like these it was best to just let Dean think. He wouldn't want to talk about what was going on, or even explain the problem before he had a solution. After a few moments utter silence throughout our car Dean cleared his throat, once again running his and through his now flat hair.