Logan

"This sucks," I said at the dinner table that night. I was with my beautiful girlfriend, her best friend, and my best friend, which just happened to be dating as well. Before our third year of collage  began, we decided to fly out to Boston to party it up and just enjoy each other's company. 

"I know," my girlfriend, Sasha, said as she sighed. 

"I can't believe the week has passed already," my best friend, Dean, said running his hand through his blond, spiked hair. His girlfriend, Maggie, just continued to eat. She was so skinny for a girl that loved to eat that much. We could usually expect Maggie to be very silent during meals, but couldn't shut her up without food around. Now the she was busy with the food occupying her, I took the opportunity to continue carrying the conversation.  

"So, who's excited for college?" 

"I'm excited that we will be able to buy our own house in a month," Sasha said as she grabbed my hand to hold under the dinner table, which I happily held back. Right now we were all living at our parent's houses, but we each had worked a lot this summer to buy a house, splitting the costs four ways. The houses construction would be finished in a month and we would move in not long afterward. 

It was one of the biggest topics of discussion between our friend group this summer. We worried about missing our goal, when the house would be ready and how many bedrooms are actually needed, considering that Dean and Maggie could slept together as well as Sasha and I. In the end we surpassed our goal by so much that we all decided to fly out here, to Boston, to celebrate our hard work and the success that the future held. I was extremely angered that they couldn't finish our place before school started. During the summer I had gotten into a huge argument with the contractor, who had told me that the place would me done midway through our second semester. I wanted it as soon as school started, so it was a huge battle to move the final date up six months, but I did. One month after school beginning isn't the biggest deal to move in, it just wasn't ideal for me. I have wanted to move out since I began college, but one thing or another always ruined my plans, so it was surreal that this time I would actually be going through with it and moving in with my girlfriend and best friends. As for the bedroom situation there is enough sleeping area for five people on their own, how we utilize that-well that's up to me.

My mind began to wander as I thought about what I could do to Sasha once we had that undisrupted time together. A small smirk played on my face as I thought about being able to see just as my eyes opened in the morning and her being the last sight I saw at night. Just as my mind began thinking about all our chill and snuggling time, Maggie spoke. Maggie's overly energetic voice had a habit of pulling me out of my daydreams and today was no exception. She went on babbling about how excited she was to get away from her family and live with us. I was  just surprised that she actually looked up from her food. I was going to make a funny comment on it but Dean was giving her the most adoring smile, so I didn't mess up the moment. 

Once we finished dinner we just walked around the city. Both couples hand in hand as our shadows danced as one in the streetlights. The moon was slowly making it's appearance into the dark nights sky which was my cue.

 Dean and I each had a special surprise for our girls once it got dark enough. We wanted to make their last night in Boston memorable and this surprise should ensure that. The first step of our plan was to split up and lead our girl to our planned out park bench. After getting her close enough to me, I would point out the darkness of the sky then bam, my surprise. We usually did things as together as couples but this was some much needed alone time, so we planned to meet up at the hotel at the end of our night. 

We Dean and I began leading our girl in the opposite directions, Maggie and Sasha looked very confused. Maggie talked Dean's ear off, asking many questions about where he was taking her while Sasha just shrugged her shoulders and continued walking with me. Once Maggie's interrogation of Dean was out of ear shot Sasha spoke.