Martha Part 3

I couldn't handle Drew's expression any longer. The creases of worry on his face deepened with every passing moment. Judging my the rest of the people's faces in the plane, he knew something the rest of us didn't, and that something couldn't be good. Then again, what could Drew possibly worry about on a plane with his wife, headed to the vacation of their dreams? Did he see an ex girlfriend on the plane? Maybe he overheard that the flight attendants ran out of coffee. Drew couldn't function without his coffee, although he already had two this morning. These speculations were consuming and I desperately wanted to know what could be weighing my handsome husband down. 

Having my curiosity and get the best of me, I straightened up and harshly looked at my husband. "What's wrong Drew?" I asked in a rushed whisper. 

"Nothing babe," He said calmly brushing me and my urgency off with a kiss. Before I even had a chance to further enjoy our kiss or speculate what he meant and what was actually going on he broke the kiss. Did I do something? No, he just kissed me. He wouldn't kiss me if he was upset. Maybe I had bad breath. Damn it, I probably still had morning breath. I turned away from Drew for a moment to do that breath check, the one where you breathe into your hand then try to sniff it. It never seems to work or give any indication of how the breath actually smells, but somehow I was able to confirm that, yes it was my breath that turned Drew off and that it was worrying him. I guess it would worry me too if Drew had horrible breath. That would not make our alone time very fun. I promise I normally have good breath though, it was just the typically, horrible morning breath that everyone gets. Right? 

I turned back to Drew, careful to breathe through my nose, but that didn't seem to matter. Drew was urgently checking up and down the isle.  His eyes darting down and across rows, very unlike him. I was taken aback when he turned toward me and resumed kissing my lips. So, it's not by bad breath, I thought as his kisses moved rapidly toward my ear. Although his kissing assault was pleasurable, this wasn't the time or place to do so. We weren't a couple that was big on public display of affection, so Drew's actions were very uncanny for us. Once again, I barley had time to process what he was doing and how I would react when he broke the kissing parade and whispered to me, "We aren't heading to LA."

What? What the heck did he mean, we aren't heading to L.A? Did he fuck up the flight we got on. That must have been it, that's why he was being so kissy- kissy with me. He was trying to butty me up so I wouldn't flip shit at him. My dream vacation, my dream honeymoon, and we got on the wrong plane. I could barely formulate a response, I was mortified that this was even happening. 

Mustering up everything I had I harshly whispered through my gritted teeth, "What do you mean, we aren't heading to L.A? If we aren't going to L.A then where are we going and why?"

Drew gulped, checked the isle once again and barely mumbled New York. New York? Did I hear correctly? He was going to take me to New York instead? Well, I guess this was a pleasant surprise. I could get a lot of shopping done. I nodded my head, quickly adapting to our new change in plans. Although I was accepting of this new information Drew still looked beyond worried. 

I reached out to interlock our fingers. "Drew what's wrong? I'm okay with New York. Really, it's a little mistake but we can shop! And shop and oh there is so much shopping!" Again he shook his head before leaning in to whisper to me. 

"Martha, this isn't a matter of getting on the wrong plane. We boarded the correct plane." I was beyond confused. I had no clue what my husband was alluding to. I also had no idea why he was whispering. This wasn't a library and the chatter in the plane was at a decent volume that our talking wouldn't wake another member up, but I turned to his ear and whispered back anyway, "So what is the matter if we didn't get on the wrong plane?"