Chapter 20: No Brother Of Mine

I do not own Vampire Academy, However I do own this story line and the made up characters of:

Jon

Ramona

And our Unknown POV is revealed in this chapter!

Chapter 20: No Brother Of Mine

Alana POV

It all happened so fast. One minute Leila was mouthing off to her mother and the next she was gasping, falling from the wooden chair beneath her. Sweat poured from her body as she continued to gasp for air.

Veronica Voda stood up and threw her cloth napkin on her chair.

“Jesse, I’m so sorry for this. I don’t know what has gotten into her. She’s usually not so rude.”

I will never know what made me do what I did. Maybe it was instinct or maybe it was because I hated the way Leila’s mother had been treating her. I finally saw my moment to prove the point I had been trying to do that night Eric had stopped me. Leila deserved so much more than this and the fact that her mother seemed to not care that her only daughter was on the floor having a spirit induced vision.

No I will never know what made me lash out the way I did. In a matter of seconds I had whipped around and stood face to face with Leila’s mother. She seemed taken aback and slightly scared. Good...she deserved it.

“You are an awful woman who cares more about her dawn non existent fucking political career then your only daughter! You are a sanctimonious bitch! I’d really like to know why you find it necessary to be the way you are. I’d like to see things from your point of view, but I can’t get my head that far up my ass.”

Veronica Voda actually looked stunned. The whole room had gone silent. The only noise was the deep breathing coming from Leila as she began to whimper. I bent down to her once more.

“Leila?” I asked. My panic was beginging to show. I was worried.

Her eyes fluttered open as she sat up as much as she could and gazed around the room, finally meeting the eyes of Dimitri, “ Guardian Belikov. There’s been another attack.” And then she passed out into my open arms. I gazed at my father who was already dialing away on his cell phone and pacing. He began talking fast as he walked into the Zecklos’s foyer. I gazed about the room. Avery Zecklos and her daughter had already vanished from the room. Stefan had followed after his mother soon after and their departure had been unnoticed. Accept by me. James stood staring at Leila. His eyes were wide and If I hadn’t hated the damn boy I would have comforted him. But I didn’t. Veronica Voda and Alexander Voda both seemed very appalled as they sat there. The only person who was still eating was Jesse Zecklos. Eric knelt down next to me with Leila.

“Is she breathing?” He asked checking her wrist for a pulse.

“Yes,” I said, “ It was only a vision. This was a big one. She should make up soon.”

Dimitri walked back into the room in a rush, “ Alana. Go back to Leila’s room and gather her belongings as well as your own. We are heading back to the Academy within the hour.”

And with that he exited the room leaving us all speechless. My heart pounded as Eric lifted Leila from my arms. And i didn’t stop to ask questions as I did as I was told. Because I was scared. Something I was not accustomed to. I was scared. And it was not a good feeling.

Rose POV

I didn’t have time to contemplate what was really going on before my phone was ringing. I didn’t bother to glance at the screen as I lifted it to my ear and answered rudely. I was irritated I had been interrupted in my channel of thoughts, “ What!” I nearly yelled and I felt a little pity for whoever was on the other line. That pity sort of diminished a tiny bit when the Russian accent gave away who the caller was, “ Rose. Leila Voda has had a vision I believe. She said there’s been another attack.”