EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE

Computers were buzzing around me as I searched through the data base.

It’s what I was good at. I was good at hiding the information; I was good at what I had been born into.

I heard her breathing before she spoke behind me.

“We have a new task for you.” She said, her voice dripping with ice. I knew she was not a big fan of me.

I turned letting my hair whip behind me.

“I haven’t finished the one you already assigned me to.” I said trying to not sound rude but failing miserably.

“And like I said. We have a new task for you.” She handed me a rather heavy manila folder.

“Find anything you can about this. It’s a special assignment. You can return to the Dragomir case after you are done. Let me know when you finish. We are sending you in.”

My face blanched. My mouth became dry. My hands shook.

“What?” I asked trying not to have a heart attack then and there.

She smirked, “Just say the word and I can assign someone else if you aren’t…comfortable with the situation.”

I gulped. I needed this case.

I stumbled on my words, “No, no. It’s fine.”

I flipped open the folder and read the first page. Then I felt my heart race more.

“Why are you having me open a case that has already been solved?” I asked hoping it was not what I was thinking it was.

She smiled, “It was requested. Besides, the case was never completed. And it ties in with the Dragomir case. Pack your bags. You’re going to the Royal Vampire Court.”

I swallowed and stared down at the folder in front of me as my heart dropped to the ground.

I was doomed.

A/N: BOOK 1 is COMPLETE!

PLEASE keep an eye out for BOOK 2 in just a few days.

Chronicles of a Belikov will be coming out soon! I will update this story as soon as Book 2 is posted!