An Old Friend

Knowing who it might be, I knew I had to prepare myself to protect my friends and family. I was willing to give myself up so they can all live peacefully without a worry. But they won't be happy if I do give myself up. But I know they have to move on, I need to make this sacrifice, has long has I know that everyone else is safe without going to another war than I will make all the sacrifices I need to make.

I arrived at a place that Fury restricted me from going to but I got a clearing from Maria Hill. I stood there and looked through a glass cage. It was built to contain a certain unknown person. He is said to know everything and can see what will happen to many in the future but only there deaths. Which, I think, sucks to have that kind of power.

Anyways, I walk up to him and just has I'm about to open my mouth and ask him about a certain person, he speaks up. "It's not the person you think it is. He may not be dead in the future but he is not the one causing these so called threatening phone calls. Thats actually a very close friends of yours who never actually died. Well, technically he isn't your friend anymore because of something you did that you don't know about." He says. "Don't tell me. You 'can't tell me' because 'I have to figure it out by myself', right?" I say putting air quotes around certain words. "Actually, I can tell you. You just assumed I couldn't tell you." He says. I give him my best 'seriously?!' look. He shrugs and nods at the same time. "Fine, will you tell me?" I ask him. "Nope." He says. "You want something don't you?" I ask him. He only nods. "I knew it." I mutter to myself. "What do you want?" I ask him. He starts to think. "Hmm, how about allowing me to see my family one last time. I know once I get out I'll be executed for 'breaking out' of my 'room' S.H.I.E.L.D. put me in." He says. I nod. "Alright, I'll make it happen. But theres one thing about what you told me that you got wrong." I say. "And what's that?" He asks me. "You won't be executed because you won't be returning at all." I say. He looks at me wide eyed. "Do you really want to become a target of S.H.I.E.L.D.?" He whisper-yells at me. "You would do anything to protect your family, I would also do anything to save my family and friends from something that I started." I say with confidence. "So I don't mind having S.H.I.E.L.D. on my back for many centuries." I say. "Are you ready?" I ask him. He nods.

He looks down, then looks back at me. "I'm sorry, but I can't let you do that." I hear someone say behind me. I don't turn around. "I have no other choice, in order to protect my family and friends, I need to do this alone Captain. I'll call you if I need help but I highly doubt it." I say turning around and facing him. "You still don't know who it is." He tells me. "I do. He was my best friend, a brother figure, when I lost my brothers and needed comfort. He used to always protect me, despite the fact of what I was." I say and turn back around and grab the seers hand. "Tell my brothers goodbye for me." I say and use my vampire speed to quickly run to the forest for a small breather and start running again towards the seer's family.

Once there he changes of clothes behind a bush, he comes out and starts to fidget with his fingers. "Thank you for this. I don't know how to repay you." He says. "Don't worry about it. I figured it out by myself and I saw that you really wanted to see your family, so I decided that if I won't be able to see my brothers anytime soon, then at least I can reunite one family before leaving everything behind." I say. We both hug and let go. He looks towards the door and starts walking after thinking about it for a few seconds. He knocks on the door and a lady around her early thirties answers. The surprise on her face made me smile because for many years she never got say anything to him at all. Two little kids, a boy and a girl, came running to the lady and hugged her leg. I could hear them. She was explaining that the seer was there dad. The two little kids jumped in joy and hugged him really hard. I smiled and turned around and started walking away. I called a taxi and told the driver to take me to the nearest bus station.

Once there I got on a bus heading towards Chicago in the state of Illinois.

~Many hours later~

After many bus rides I finally made it to Chicago. I was walking around trying to find the building where an 'old friend' works at.

After finally finding the building, I enter and go directly to the elevator to go to the 15th floor.

I finally arrive and ask the lady at the front desk for my 'old friend' and she tells me that he is currently not here but gives me his number and address because I asked her. I go out and start finding the apartment he lives in. I dial his number but it goes directly to voicemail.

Finally finding his apartment I go to the 5th floor and find the door number to his place. I knock twice. The door opens and I walk inside. The room seems to be quiet but I know better than that. I pull out my gun and start looking through the rooms in the apartment. One more room. I walk inside and see him just sitting there, looking down at his lap. I point my gun at him but my hands start to tremble. He looks up at me and I can see his sinister smile. I never thought I would see his face again.

————–————
A/N: Sorry I've been inactive for many months. I was struggling with school and came down with a bit of depression that I felt unmotivated to write anything. But I'm getting better.

Also, if you have may noticed I unpublished many chapters from my other books like The Forgotten Time or another book you might of read. I'm not deleting it, I'm just going to edit it all out and make my writing a little better. I'm also working on other books at the moment. So, if you like anime and Fairy Tail just happened to be one of many of your favorites then you might like the little fan-fic I created for it. If your getting tired of just fan-fics than don't worry, I'm also working on a book of my own that doesn't involve any characters from a tv show or movie, its my own idea.

Anyways, I would like to say thank you to those who kept asking me to update and were very very patient for this chapter to come out.

Thank you and have a very nice day,
Jen