Synopsis, Prologue, and Copyright

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Complete Synopsis:

Sophie Thwaite feels like a fish out of water-- literally. After trusting her boyfriend of two years with her otherwordly secret, she flees from her hometown to escape his disgust and betrayal. Moving to the new city of Chalance alone, she dives headfirst into a new college and keeps her unwanted fishy half a secret. And her plan works-- at least, until she captures the attention of the dark and dangerous Adrian Drake.

From the moment she sets eyes on him, Sophie knows Adrian is different. His powerful presence, supernaturally attractive features, and dominant attitude make people cower away from his gaze, herself included. She knows he's far from human, but he can't be anything like her. And as she loses the battle to keep herself away from him, Sophie realizes that there are much more things out there than just her kind, and not all of them are good.

Prologue:

"What the hell is wrong with you?" his shouts hit me like a slap in the face.

"W-what do you mean?" I stuttered with wide eyes. I cowered back against the wall of the pool.

"This, this thing! It's disgusting! You are disgusting!" Will spat horrendously down at me. "You're a fish, you're not even freaking human! You're repulsive, get out!"

The shining silver scales lining my long tail dulled, creating an illusion as I covered my mouth and shifted back to my human state. The pulling sensation behind my eyes intensified, and I struggled to hold back my sobs as I stood and bolted out the pool and through the door. I forced myself not to look back as I sprinted to my car, getting in and slamming my foot on the pedal to screech down the street.

If I had the ability to cry, tears would have streamed down my cheeks; but only dry sobs escaped my lips as I drove through town to the apartment I rented alone. Moments later, I busted through the front door and began stuffing everything I could find into bags. Now that Will knew my secret and hated me for it, I had to leave; he would spread the story of my mermaidic side, and I'd become a science experiment if I didn't flee.

I forcefully slammed the trunk door of my car and locked the door one final time, leaving the empty apartment with a letter for my landlord. Within minutes I was tearing down the highway, with no destination set in the forefront of my mind, and I finally let myself depress over the loss of my first love.

COPYRIGHT: This story, 'Hooked', including all chapters, prologues/epilogues and associated chapters (i.e. fanfics, teasers and contents within blogs, social networks and eReaders) is copyrighted under the Copyright, Design and Patent Act 1988. All rights are reserved by the owner and creator of this work (N Petit) and any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, manipulation, distribution or selling of this work constitutes as an infringement of copyright law. Any infringement of this copyright is punishable by law.

Punishment includes but is not limited to: A fine up to $150,000 for each work infringement. Infringer pays for all attorney's fees and court costs. The Court can issue an injunction to stop the infringement acts. The court can compound the illegal works. Infringer can go to jail.