Chapter Two: Newcomer

The picture on the side is Brant Daugherty, as Adrian O'Connor.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Chapter Two: Newcomer

I stood extremely still, basking in the emotions running inside me and clouding my mind. I couldn’t have moved, even in I wanted to, because of the bands of solid muscle wrapped around my waist so tightly I could hardly breath, yet somehow still incredibly gentle.

The powerful male behind me was definitely the one I’d seen yesterday. His aroma was as absolutely wonderful as it had been when I’d first noticed it, and possibly even better up close. It was incredible, the way I felt in his arms, so safe but so dangerous, as if he could peer into me and get anything he wanted.  His breath tickled my neck, making me want to squirm in pleasure with the idea of him being so close to me.

Abruptly my eyes flashed open and I stiffened. What was wrong with me? I’d run into a man who smelled good, and suddenly I’m practically rubbing myself against him in a completely guilty fashion? I wanted to slap myself for my whorish behavior. I gripped the hand at my waist and pulled, shocked when it only tightened.

“What are you doing, Angel?”

I nearly gasped aloud at the sound of his voice. It was deep and smooth, and completely, utterly perfect. I could already imagine him saying my name in that voice, and whispering—what the hell? I shook my head and once again pulled against his arms. He didn’t budge.

“Let me go,” I grumbled and strained against his hold.

Little vibrations went through my back, and I heard him chuckling—it was a delicious sound. He lowered his head to my ear and said, “Now why would I do that, Angel?”

The way he said ‘angel’ made a shiver run through my body, something that didn’t go unnoticed by him. How could he affect me this way? I didn’t know his name, hell, I didn’t even know what he looked like!  I nearly growled back at him, “I said, let me go.”

To my complete surprise, he complied; of course, only for a moment before I was spun around to meet the most entrancing dark blue eyes I’d ever seen. I sucked in a breath and held it, only physically able to stare into his gaze as he did the same to me. He was perfectly tanned and mouthwateringly attractive, his dark brown hair almost a match to my curls. His body was incredibly toned and muscular, and with my body pressed flush against his I could feel every angle and plain of it against me. I felt his arm come around my waist, his other hand moving to grasp my wrist and hold them both against my chest. I suddenly felt naked before his penetrating gaze, as if he could see right through me, before I mentally slapped myself and pulled out of my trance.

“Who are you?” I asked, still trying to pull away.

He looked down at my attempt to escape disapprovingly. “Would you stop that?”

I stubbornly shook my head. “Answer my question.”

Suddenly he pushed his head into the crook of my neck, so quickly that his face would have blurred if I hadn’t had enhanced senses. His mouth was directly next to my ear as he said lowly, “Don’t tell me what to do, Angel. It’s not smart.”

I gasped as his lips brushed lightly over my collarbone, my body unintentionally curling into his and letting out something that sounded strikingly like a purr. A quiet groan rumbled from his throat, and I tilted my head back unconsciously to allow him better access to my heated skin. My head was cloudy and unclear as I melted into his. But when I felt his teeth brush over my throat, a small sliver of me snapped back to reality and forced the rest to follow.