New School

It was the new school day. I slipped into my shorts and a t'shirt from Disneyland. I knotted my hair in a messy bun and headed downstairs. 

"Hi!" My mom called cheerily sliding me a plate of pancakes.                                                                                     "Hey mom." I replied digging into the buttery pancake.                                                                                                 "Excited? Worried? C'mon, tell me, how do you feel about new school?" My mom said, sitting down next to me with a mug of coffee in her hand.                                                                                                                       "I'm fine, mom. I'm used to it. I've moved to like nine schools already, you know." I said finishing my breakfast and hauling on my backpack.                                                                                                                                "Okay the grumpy guts. See you after school. Have fun!" my mom continued, I gave her a smile and ran for the door.

The school was huge! I could see , two pools, a tennis court, basketball court, soccer field and a water fountain. I walked round the fountain, children were dressed in neat pants and shirts. I looked down at my lousy outfit. I sighed, I'm not fitting in anytime soon.                                                                               "Hello there. Welcome to Waterfall High. You must be Camilla Edwards Milan. Right?" A girl, a senior approached me with a fake smile plastered on her face.                                                                                        

"Okay, so this is your class. Your homeroom teacher is Mr. Hank. Hope it's no trouble. And I hope you enjoy it!" She said, sounding like my mom.                                                                                                                          "Good morning, you are Ca-"  the teacher, Mr. Hank, I suppose started.                                                                 "I'm Cam. Hi." I interrupted him, i didn't wan't to be stuck being called 'Camilla' for the rest of the year.                                                                                                                                                                                                       "Well, Cam, take your seat please. how about the one next to Abigail?" Mr. Hank suggested. I did as I was told, slipping in the bench next to Abigail.

Mr. Hank started off the day with an "Introduce Yourself" game. When came to my turn, I just stood up, said my name and sank back down, sticking a peice of gum in my mouth.

"Hello!" mom said to me, she was in her usual outfir, baggy shirt and track pants. "How was your day? Did you make friends? Was the school nice?"                      

                                                                    😁 more coming up😁