Revealed

"Mom?" I ask my mother who was setting up the TV set.

"UhHuh?" she asks, biting a cable and plugging it in, "Damn thing." she muttered.                                             "Do you still love Essie?" I asked. She paused and frozed. Then she slowly turned towards me.                     "Depends on what I love her for, right?" Mom said standing up, "Come on. Shall we go for pizza?"           "Yeah." I answered. I secretly texted Essie

Cam26: Es' meet me at Pizza Manor.

Soon Essie texted me back in her quick slang. 

xEssie: Ya, now?

Cam26: yep. a little lunch.

xEssie: k, bye

I acted as casual as possible around mom. I hoped mom and Essie woul have a 'reunite', and we could be a family or something again. 

Mom drove carefully on the bleak roads of Lincoln.  "Seatbelt, Cam." mom said, tugging on my seatbelt knob. I slid it down and clicked it into the socket. We arrived at Pizza Manor. Neon lights were at the door and random pizza stickers were stuck all over the windows. I saw Essie jump off a rented bike. She locked it on a pole and came to join us.                                                                                                                 "You head in and order. I'll catch up. Get a stuffed crust Hawaiian, ok." I told mom pushing her in.           "Oh, ok. Careful Cam."

I ran to Essie, who was behing our car, looking into the driving vehicles on the road.                                       "Hey, Es', it's quite windy today, let go in." I said.                                                                                                               "Ok, let's go to mom." She said casually. I gulped. I hope mom wouldn't freak out meeting Essie. 

Though I knew I would be in big time trouble both ways. I hated the way Essie talked about mom, but I so bad wanted them to be a family again. Essie was dressed normal, well, at least far away from the 'crime style' she usually wears. She had her hair in a messy bun and wore a tie dye shirt wth skinny jeans. She took off her peircings and wore a light pink lipstick, she looked  beautiful , despit her jet black hair.

Mom was at a table, on her phone and eating a pizza. I sat next to her, Essie next to her.                               There was an awkward silence. "Hey mom, how's the pizza?" I asked. Mom put down her phone, looked up and saw Essie. She smacked her hand across her mouth and gasped.                                               "Hey mom." Essie said. "Can I have a pizza? I'll pay you back, promise." She grabbed a slice.                       "You... You..." Mom stuttered , "Essie! You, what are doing here?! Cam?!" mom yelled, people heard.          "Yeah? You ok mom. It's only me, Essie. Remember?" Essie said normally, finishing her pizza.                      "I thougt... How?" mom asked confused, the tears rolled down her eyes. "You ok, E?"                                              "Me? I'm fine. I got a decent job, place to stay and a great salary. Did you know Jo's Creamery pays you a good hundred dollars per week. And those wretched police have stopped trailing after me. I've also started looking for a place in Linclon, like a proper apartment. How 'bout you and Cam?" Essie asked.

After a  hour of catching up, mom had the look, the look she shows when she wants to show me something. Essie had it too. It must be important because they both were fidgeting badly.                             "You know, we were once a large family of six. Me and you father, Esther here, and the triplets, you, Abigail and Ethan. We were so rich. Then, when you were hardly one, your father left with Abigail and Ethan. I don't know why. I moved her because I knew Essie's jail was in Lincoln, and I know that your father moved to Lincoln. I figured out staying in New York with no money was useless, so I made a move. Then you met Essie, and you go to the same school as Abigail and Ethan. Then all the puzzle pieces are joined." mom said, followed by a sad and quite gulp.

          💦Are my chapters too short? wtv. SO MUCH MORE COMING UP. Remember to follow and vote!🐋