Cracked Open

It was the second day of school. After all the freaking drama in my life, I decided to enjoy school for the day. Make friends.

"Hello! So you decided to show up again!" Abigail popped in front of my face. "Um..Yeah, hey. Abigail, right?" I said, slipping my hand in my pocket of the long black skinny jeans, I had a white loose button down on top of it. My hair was down, in neat strands. "Let's get to class, shall we?" Abigail was really nice to me. She grabbed my hand and we ran for class. I guess some days I should let loose and have fun instead of sulking my heart out.

"Oh good morning class. Let's begin the class with a fun and simple pop quiz." Mr. Hank announced. i would usually groan and chuck a paper at him. But today, I'm exited. "Let's have Cam pass out the papers. Cam?" I stood up and grabbed the pop quiz sheets on his desk "Hey, welcome, to Waterfall High. I'm Ethan, call me Essie. I know, it doesn't relate, but I'm Essie. " a boy told me as I laid a quiz on his desk. "Cam, right? Hope you get used to us 'posh nobs', right?" he told me, giving me a quirky smile. he had messy blonde hair and his shirt was not buttoned to the top. "Yeah. Thanks, Essie." I told the boy. He was new, yet so familiar. And why is his name Essie?

I walked out to recess with Abigail. Abigail was the 'popular' kid, everyone adored her. She had blonde hair, blue eyes, slim body, typical school barbie. But over that, she didn't mind hanging out nerds, and geeks, and outcasts or rebels, like me, I guess. she didn't wear millions of make up, she didn't use any at all, but she was still beautiful. "Let me show you something. No one knows. Well, only me and Essie." she told me, "But something tells me you need to know." "You and Essie close friends?" I asked, as Abigail led me behind the school, where ferns and moss were guarding light out. "We're twins." Abigail said casually, as if everyone knew. "Don't tell people, k'?" she said. The she brushed away the plants. Appeared a beautiful large garden on top of cracked pavements, there was an open tent, around was heads of flowers, especially marigolds. There was a table and three chairs in the tent. Essie was sitting on one, reading. "Hey sis! " He said without looking at us. "Have a seat and I'll explain everything. Essie? Have you met Cam?" Abigail asked her brother, smacking him lightly. "Mm-Hmm. Cute girl." He laughed and saw me sitting in front of him, then he covered his mouth, "Hey, Cam." he said normally, trying to pretend nothing happened. "Welcome to the secret garden. We built this when we were five, with our father. Now, he's gone. But whatever, we're still happy, right? So, then when we were like seven, Waterfall high was built. After few years went by, we were like nine, then we found the garden again. Dust was on the ground, moss was covering everything. Me and Essie cleaned up the place with father. A year later, he died. now, we're fourteen, and we still come here almost everyday." Abigail explained. It was sad and happy and sad and happy at the same time. I couldn't say anything.

                (OMG. hi, i hope you're enjoying the story. If you don't get the point of it, this book is a riddle,                                          so everything I write is linked, and you gotta figure it out.)