Essie

I walked on the cracked pavements of Moon Lane. I've begged mom to stay home. Moon Lane is so far from where I live now, a few kilos. I pulled out my phone.

"Essie? Where you at?" I hissed into my phone.                                                                                                                       I went into the lonely and bleak wet alley.  I met a girl sitting on top of a metal bin. She had her long black hair covering her pale face. She had a faint ringing phone in her hand. She was in a leather jacket. "Hey." She said quietly.                                                                                                                                                   "Sis! Oh Essie! I missed you so much! How are you? Essie talk to me!" I said jumping on the bin .                   "Nothing left to say, Cam. Where's mom?" She asked, still covering  her face.                                                         "At home." I replied quietly, "Where are you staying now?" I asked. Essie is my sister, she's already in her late twenty's. She got jailed when I was just a toddler, she was a teenager.  Never met her since a few months ago, when we met at a park. Mom hates her, she won't let me see her no matter what. Mom doesn't really know that I know Essie.                 

"Cogger's Inn. One block down from here. I'm good now, Cam. I've quit crime, I've got a job, and I'm looking for a proper house. Near you. When everything get's better, I'll contact mom. Then we could be a proper fammy again."'Essie told me, as if I was still a clueless toddler, but deep down, I knew she was right. "Um, yeah, sis. See you soon. Call me, 'kay?"'I told Essie, with a light hug, I darted home.

Mom stood at the doorway, with an angry face. She looked as if she'd been crying. I looked at her blankly. "Hi mom. What's for dinner?" I tried to be as casual as possible. I would be dead if she found out I just met up with Essie, especially since it's been a new move.                                                                           "Camilla!" mom hollered as I jumped on the couch, then she took a deep breath, "Where have you been? It's so late! You nearly made me call the police!" mom cried, then she hung her head, "How is she?" mom asked.                                                                                                                                                                                "What are you talking about? Look mom, I'm sorry, okay. It won't ever happen again. I was  just at a grocery store with some friends." I said, "You must be stressed, mom. Let me make you some tea." I offered. Then she whispered loudly again, it was true, she meant it, she knew I just met Essie.                   "How is she?" mom said, "My darling Essie. How is she Cam. I just want to know about my daughter."   "Essie's fine mom. She's got a job, place to stay in, proper clothes. She even has a phone. Decent life. Don't worry." I assured my mother again, and gave a glance, her face red and pale at the same time,         "Thanks Cam, for everything. But just tell me when you want to see your sister. No lies, no boundaries." I nodded.

                                   (Was that sad? I don't know, but this story will be a really complicating one...)