Chapter Six: Pink Pills

When the week ends I feel almost strung out like a yo-yo. Dizzy, up and down.

I have so much to think about; between Nick, kissing Nick, AP classes, Savannah's mental state and Layla keeps giving me dirty looks so also that plus trying to call mom and dad so they don't think I'm dead.

I'm trying to do my homework but I want to go see Nick. I feel like I've barely seen him this week besides the occasional quick kisses in secret. Things are slightly shifted since Savannah told me about his; I guess you could say bad boy reputation. I'm not afraid of his past I'm afraid of the future, eventually everyone always snaps back to something they wish they weren't.

Eileen bounces into the room and stares at me grinning until I take my headphones out.

"Yes, Eileen?"

I try not to roll my eyes on her name. I adore the girl but living with her is like taking care of a bunny rabbit, one that needs my attention every second.

"How do you feel about flashing Miles Calaway later?" She's joking but I give her a blank look anyway."I'm just kidding, jeez, touchy."

I gesture to all my homework. "I'm just trying to do something productive here."

"Well, stop it," She pushes out her lower lip trying to work her pout on me. "There's a party tonight," Eileen spins in a circle and then pauses holding a finger up. "No, I mean it's the party."

"What does that mean?"

"It's going to be on the roof of the administrative building. Which is insanely risky but i guess life isn't fun without a little risk," She grins. I sigh.

"That sounds horribly stupid, Leezy," The nickname easily rolls off my tongue.

She places a rose pink fingernail on her nude lips. "Ok, weren't you just telling me yesterday how you want to blow off some steam?"

"Those were not the words used but yes I did say if there was a party I want to go," I rub my temples. Eileen lights up for a second but I hold my hand up. "But not one that can result in my scholarship being ruined if we get caught."

"Oh, puh-lease, Anna, do you think they would expel half the school for having some fun? Besides," She perches herself on the edge of my bed, like a bird, back straight and nose turned up. "If we did get in trouble they would only punish the person who's throwing it."

"Who's throwing it?" I ask.

"Fuck if I know."

"Yeah, thanks, Leez."

I go to put my headphones in but Eileen grabs them from me. I open my mouth to protest but she shakes her round head and holds a hand up. I wait for her to give me a good reason to risk being sent back to actual Hell. Hell being my small hometown in the middle of fucking nowhere and bored out of my mind.

"Nick is going," Eileen looks trumphient like she won a battle.

"So?" I snap my fingers. She doesn't react and holds my gaze. I sigh loudly, letting my hand drop. It makes a plop sound on my knee. "I see him everyday."

"That's not the point," She huffs, knitting her brows together. I don't know what she wants from me and whatever it is Eileen wants; She gets.

"What's the point then?"

"It's a party and I want you to have actual fun with your friends and boyfriend."

I consider her, squinting. "It sounds like this is something you want and not me."

"Anna, please, I want you there, don't bail on me."

"It's not bailing if I didn't agree to go in the first place," I mumble. I nervously lick my lips when I see her downfallen face. Damn. It. Leezy. "Fine. Stop pouting."