Chapter Seven: Blue People

It's been one month since school started and I am literally drowning in homework. I could suffocate myself with the amount of papers they give us to write.

It's after dinner and I'm sprawled out on my floor with Savannah, our laptops, English notes and candy. Sav sucks on a lollipop, her hair braided and a loose t-shirt fallin off her shoulder.

I'm on my back, listening to sounds of her typing and slurping.

Eileen has been gone for about 45 minutes; we suspect she went to the common room to drape herself over Blake. Her crush on him was becoming more and more obvious and his disinterest in her was apparently only noticeable by everyone but her. It was slightly painful to watch.

"What's another for stupid?" Sav asks me.

"Uh," I chew on a piece of liquorice. "Injudicious."

Sav types something out and then clears her throat.

"This paper is injudicious."

"Nice one," I sit up on my elbows. "Are you as bored as I am right now?"

"I think it's time for a break," Sav shuts her laptop and leans forward, raising her eyebrows at me.

"What?"

"Let's go get Eileen and Blake," Sav says, looking at me mischievously. "

"I don't know, we have school tomorrow, Savvy," I scrunch my nose.

"Please, Anna banana," She pouts. "You just said you were bored."

"Alright I know it's just, it's not even that late where we do even go without getting into trouble?"

Sav frowns for a moment, tapping the round lollipop on her lips. She lights up and slams hand on her knee.

"I have the best idea," She's grinning from ear to ear. "Come on." She stands up and pulls me with her.

We go across the hall. I'm expecting to see Layla but she isn't in here, thank god. Savannah tosses her lollipop into the small trash can.

Savannah stands on her bed and reaching up to unscrew the air vent above her bed. She twists the screws and hands them down to me.

"Here, hold these." I take them, looking puzzled at her. "So, everyone has their special hiding places and this one is so secret not even Layla knows about this, thank the lord," Sav takes the small grate down and reaches inside the vent, standing on her toes so she can see.

She tosses me a bag of pink pills and a silver key. She puts the opening back onto the vent and snaps her fingers down at me for the screws. She loosely twists them back in with her fingers.

"What's the key for?" I ask.

"You'll see," She smiles and jumps down from the bed onto the white carpet.

Savannah goes to her closet and pulls out a leather jacket; she grabs the pills and key from me, shoving it into the pocket.

"And the pills?" I raise an eyebrow at her.

"There from Miles," She says and I almost smack her arm.

"Sav!"

"Don't worry they're safe, they've been perfected," She waves her hand at me and I frown at her. You think after her little almost overdose incident she would be a little more careful but because it's Savannah only a week later she's just dandy.

"Let's go," She tugs me by my hand out into the hallway ignoring my look of displeasure at this plan already.

I nervously tap my nails on the wall as we walk to the common room. Savannah is buzzing and I'm regretting this more as each second passes.