Chapter 36

Avery's POV:

"Wow, I feel so fat..." Brett groans lethargically as we slink into my room and plop down on the bed.

"I'm literally about to pop." I sigh out as I try and ignore my food baby I'm currently pregnant with.

"You look so pregnant..." He teases as if reading my thoughts and I laugh.

We sit there for awhile and digest. I think about a lot as I stare up at the ceiling.

After awhile I sit up, this shirt is not working out for me, it's way too tight. I walk over to the drawer in front of the window and dig around for a looser shirt.

"Have you seen Mason around recently?" I ask a bit curious about the scummy pervert since his curtain has been closed for days now.

"Oh, yeah about that..." Brett says awkwardly.

"What?" I ask suspiciously as I pull out an over sized tee from my drawer.

"He went to go live with his dad." Brett shrouds it off nonchalantly.

"What? Why?" I ask very confused as to what happened.

"It's nothing major it happens every time his mom gets too drunk to handle him." I stand there for a second, thinking about Mason. I mean yeah he's a son of a bitch who's an attempted rapist pervert but he's been through his fair share of shit.

"Weird, it's like he just vanished." I mumble as I slip on the shirt and slide the curtain closed.

"Speaking of disappearing acts," Brett says as I walk back to the chair, "what ever happened to vegan boy?"

He's chuckling... If only he knew.

"He's packing for Washington, his grandma just died." I inform him and his smirk drops almost immediately.

"Oh god I didn't know I-" he rambles and I put my hand up to stop him.

"It's fine." I brush him off, it's not like me and Jase were actually hanging out anyways this break.

We sit there quietly for a second.

"So... Wanna watch some tv?" He asks and I nod, getting up to sit by him on my bed.

I can hear the laughter from downstairs, our moms are probably watching romcoms again.

I grab the remote off the bed side table and click on some random movie on Fx.

"Can I turn off the lights?" Brett asks and then turns them off anyways without a second to spare.

"Sure I guess." I reply considering they're already off.

"Cuddle with me?" He asks with a smirk.

"No." I say flatly as I lean back.

"Averyyyyy whyyyy?!" He whines and pouts.

"You're so needy!" I grumble and scoot closer to him so I can rest my head on his shoulder.

"This is not even cuddling..." He complains after a minute and I groan and roll my eyes.

He pulls me over him so I'm laying on his chest and my leg is wrapped over his.

"This is how you cuddle." He says matter of factly and it strikes me then.

"Wait... Do you even cuddle? When have you ever been the type to...cuddle?" I ask bewildered.

"Ugh shut up I can cuddle, and don't judge me I'm blaming the turkey for this." He mumbles as he wraps an arm around me and clicks up the volume on the tv as if to tell me to shut up.

I give in and lay down comfortably on his chest. I can't help but breathe in his aroma that smells like sweet musky pine and a dash of fucking sex in a bottle.

I don't understand men's cologne, it's like a natural woman attractor and I don't get how...

"Having fun smelling me?" He looks down at me laughing.

"Shut up it's the turkey." I retaliate using his same excuse.

"Uh huh... Suree blame the turkey."