Chapter 47

Avery's pov:

I slip on my shoes and race out to meet Brett at his car. He's been going on and on about this secret date he's been planning for the past two weeks.

"Get in the car beautiful." He says beaming at me and I can't wrap my head around all of this, I mean just two weeks ago we were nothing but friends and now he's here calling me beautiful and kissing me and it's such a fairytale I'm scared at the strike of twelve it's going to all disappear.

"What's with all the complementary pet names? 'Sexy' 'beautiful'?" I ask him curious.

"I mean I've always thought it, but now I'm just allowed to say it with you threatening to punch me." He teases and backs out of the parking spot and down the highway back towards the city.

"Fuck you I'm not that violent," I roll my eyes and look out the window.

"Anytime anywhere princess." He says back with a smirk and I slap his arm, "again with the violence," he practically sings his taunt.

"Such a jerk," I try to say seriously but I can't as the smile inches across my face.

"Oh you know I'm crazy about you." He defends as he places him hand out for me to take.

I tease him and don't take it."do I?"

"Yes, you do." He states and uses the hand I decided not to hold and takes my chin and has me look at him as he quickly kisses me and I smile against his lips.

I take his hand and he smiles and keeps driving.

As we reach the city limits he exits onto a dirt road and I'm a little worried about what I just got myself into. The road winds and heads farther into the Forest for about 3 miles.

"Um, Brett, where are we going?" I ask nervously, the sun is setting and were driving into the forest on a dirt road.

"Trust me, okay." He reassures me and takes a second to look at me and smile to ease my nerves.

"Okay." I say unsure but willing to trust him.

"If you're hungry there's an Ice Chest with some pasta in it. And of course, a box of brownies." My eyes light up at the sound of food and he chuckles at my excitement.

I pop open the ice chest and pull out the pasta and a fork and dig in.

"Oh my god this is amazing!" I praise with a mouth full of pasta.

"You like it?" He asks with a big grin but never taking his eyes off the road.

"Yeah I love it did your mom make it?" I ask curiously as I take another bite.

"I'm truly offended Avery, you don't even assume I cooked it." He says faking hurt taking his hand to his heart.

"Well did you?" I ask almost sure he didn't cook it.

"Well obviously!" He says and raise my eyebrows, " okay okay I didn't but I helped so technically." He admits and I laugh.

"Very good effort, tell your mom it's delicious." I say leaning over and pecking his cheek.

As I look back at the road I notice where the second part of our date was planed to be at.

"Oh my god Brett, a drive-in?" I ask wistfully as if the sign wasn't right in front of my face.

"You like it?" He asks biting his lip and I almost melt, it's the hottest thing ever.

"Love it." I say happily and we pull in and find a spot to park.

The sun had set now over the top of the mountain behind us and the movie title was visible on the screen, Beetleguise.

"How?" I ask him completely astonished by the fact he got them to play one of my top 10 favorite movies.

"How what?" He asks back looking confused.

"How did you get Beetleguise to play?" I ask him fully impressed with his date planning.

"I didn't, but I'd love to take credit for it." He admits laughing.

"Go get popcorn loser." I shoo him away and I layout a Blanket In the trunk.

"I may be a looser but I'm your loser!" He calls at me and I bite my lip and roll my eyes.

I set up the trunk with all the things he packed for the movie, some blankets a few pillows I bring the brownies to the trunk as well as his jacket I decide to wear since it's getting a bit chilly.

He comes back with two bags of popcorn and we lay back and watch the movie as my queen Winona Ryder rocks the goth look.

After the movie ends I sit up and sigh, "damn I love that movie, Winona Ryder is a goddess!"

"Meh," he shrugs and I mentally shoot daggers at him.

"How can you sit there and say Winona Ryder isn't the hottest girl you've ever seen?" I ask challenging his stupid decisions.

He chuckles and wonder what he's laughing about, "because the hottest girl I've ever seen is sitting with an angry face right in front of me." He explains with a smile and melt at his adorably romantic comment.

"Stopppp, you can't be hot romantic and charming all at the same time, you'll explode my ovaries!" I whine and he smiles again.

"Well we wouldn't want that now would we?" He talks to me as if I'm a child, wrapping his arms around me again and pulling me into his chest.

"I love you." I don't really realize what I'm saying until it's out of my mouth.

He stops breathing for a second and I look up at him worriedly.

"What did you say?" He asks his voice cracking as he looks down at me with a glint in his eyes.

"I'm not going to say it again." I say biting my lip.

"No I heard you I just don't believe it." He says in astonishment.

"Why do you not believe it?" I ask with a little giggle.

"Because your you, and I honestly don't deserve you. I love you because you're perfect, but I just don't see how you could love an asshole player whose done so much to loose your trust and so much that should have made you hate me and yet you're still here and you're saying you love me and I just don't know how I got so lucky as to have you."

"Brett, stop saying you don't deserve me, you do, I promise you do. Yeah you were an asshole player who made mistakes but that's not all you are. Countless times you've been there for me, you've let down your walls and let me see behind the bad boy act, you care about me more than I do." I laugh as I verbalized all the reasons I fell in love with him. "You're genuine and make me laugh and I couldn't ask for anyone better, that's why I love you and why you deserve more than me."

"You're the only one I want," he says sweetly and I lean into him as he wraps me in a hug. "I love you too."