Chapter 3 ✔️

A/N: Got lazy to actually put together an outfit so I just gathered some pegs from Pinterest for Meredith 😆

Various students, faculty, and staff busily ran around the school. Auradon Prep was currently preparing for the arrival of the four kids from the Isle of the Lost. From Ben, Meredith learned that they were the children of Cruella De Vil, Jafar, the Evil Queen, and Maleficent respectively. Their names were Carlos, Jay, Evie, and Mal, and Meredith couldn't help but have an unsettling feeling at the pit of her stomach as Ben recited his research about them.

It was a bright day and early in the morning when Meredith was out again for another walk. She decided that today, she would skip her daily routine of exercise and just assist others in the preparation, because even if she didn't particularly like the whole idea, Ben was still her friend.

However, she found that the welcoming party, or whatever Ben wanted to label it as, was way too over-the-top. There were streamers, posters, banners, food, and even the school's band was practicing to play a background song when the four new students come. So, all Meredith really did was put up a few banners before she ended up cringing at how festive it was. Eventually, she left to play with Dude outside the school, just nearby the dorm building. Out there, the grass was soft and the field was wide with many big trees to give the students shade. Lots of people liked to eat and hang out here, but considering the majority of them were helping out with the decorations, it was empty.

Meredith was reading a book when her phone suddenly rang loudly in the silence. She quickly fished it out of her pocket and answered it right away after seeing the name on her screen.

"Ben?"

"Mer, aren't you going to be part of the welcome committee?" Ben's voice filled her ears. "The four kids from the Isle are almost here."

"Oh, well I was just planning to meet them after they were given a tour, maybe," Meredith lied. In truth, she wasn't sure if she actually did want to meet them. She was still suspicious of them. They were and still are the sons and daughters of the people labeled most evil in all of the lands.

She heard Ben sigh on the other line.

"Why do I feel like you're lying?"

"Because you know I already am."

Ben chuckled lightly, but he was still hoping that one of his best friends would soon understand why he found it so important to start bringing children from the Isle of the Lost to Auradon.

"Will you at least meet them for real later? I won't force you to talk to them too much."

Meredith sighed as well, but she couldn't say no

"Fine," she gave in. "I'll be back inside the dorm building soon, so maybe I'll see you there."

"You better be."

"Whatever." Although she didn't exactly confirm if she was going or not, both Ben and herself knew that she would come anyways. She didn't like disappointing people, and really, what was the harm in introducing herself to some new students? If they were as bad as she guessed, she could always just ignore them afterwards.

Meredith ended the call and pocketed her phone. She was about to get back to reading when from the corner of her eye, she spotted her roommate briskly walking away from the entrance of the building, seemingly in a rush.

"Jane!" Meredith called out. Once again, the redhead had surprised Fairy Godmother's daughter.

Jane abruptly stopped walking and looked in Meredith's way in surprise. "Meredith! You sc —"