Chapter 6

06 

Brother?

Friends, they're the people who you're comfortable with and feel the weight of the secret on your heart move when you spill it out to them.

Friends are the people who promised to be with you whatever the conditions you're in, even if you told them to leave. They're the people who are afraid for you, care for you and always wondering and closing what's the best for you, too.

Not everyone can be your so called friend. Some people are dishonest, hypocrites, back stabbers and cold hearted. Friendship is always based on one thing like any other relationship, trust. As long as you trust someone, that person owns you. That person can use this trust against you even if you did nothing wrong.

But my friend wasn't like that. She was not a friend, she was more. Cliché the word is, but she's a sister that my mother never had and I'm thankful that she didn't.

Anna Matthew was my best friend since I came here to New York. She was the daughter of my father's, and Nathan's close friend Mo. Mo was a really good man, he was from the few people that would stand by your side whatever the conditions are and Anna got that from him even though she was adopted.

Anna was adopted by Mo 13 years ago. He said that she was standing in front of the orphanage of by someone he killed. He fell in love with her from the first time his eyes fell on her, he said that she looked so much like his late wife Sasha.

Anna was a really great friend of mine, we went to high school together, and everyone feared us. When I say feared I mean, myself specifically. She was the girl that always attracted boys but never played with them. She had blond waist length hair, hazel eyes with plump lips that made everyone love and trust her, even me.

Anna and I went to several missions in the mafia together because her father and mine were friends. She took her position seriously just like I did and that's what made me love her more.

We lost connection three years ago after my father died like many other people I had lost connections with. I cut all connections with the people I love, fearing that maybe one day they will meet their death because of me.

I entered the coffee shop after fifteen minutes of driving because of traffic. I was on the road on rush hour, but every hour is a rush because New York is very crowded.

The coffee shop wasn't that big and wasn't that small either. It had two complete glass walls, one had a view of the park beside it and the other had a view of the opposite street. The coffee shop was a mix of black and red. The tables were black and the chairs were a red leather that just convinces the person to sit on them.

My eyes kept roaming the shop to find Anna but I there was no luck at all, I didn't find her. Maybe something urgent came up or she was just too lazy to come out.

I was just going to turn around and head back to the car when someone jumped onto me.

I tried to back away but the person was holding me too tight and held my neck that I'm sure if the person was holding it any tighter, I would have been dead.

"Lille gosh I missed you so much" her sweet voice said, it was quite muffled by my hair.

I smiled and hugged her back "Anny I missed you too" I said.

She pulled away and sent me a smirk "Really Lillian how do you always keep yourself fit?" she asked and glared playfully at me. I snorted and saw what she was wearing.

She was wearing dark skinny jeans ripped from the right on her thigh with an oversized red t-shirt that had 'Kill 'em sweetly' in bold white letters, with a pair red converse. I on the other side was wearing black skinny jeans, a white silk button down shirt with black lace details on my shoulders, and white 4 inch pair of heels.