Chapter 11

11 

All your plan?

Truth, is when you're being honest with someone, when you trust him enough to tell him the truth of something. Telling the truth doesn't have to be to a close friend neither to any person who is directly or indirectly related to you. Telling truth shows the real person that you are if you were an honest person or not.

"An honest enemy is better than a fake friend"

A quote that my father once told me when I was younger not that much young though but young enough to not handle the situation that I'm in right now.

My father always told me that I should tell the truth even if that meant to hurt the others, even if it meant that I could lose them for telling the truth but telling them the truth by yourself is better than discovering it by their selves.

But that wasn't what father did. Did he ever told me that he was a close friend to Wilson? I don't think so, I don't even think that he ever told me that he had any friend other than Nathan and Mo.

I guess not all people are honest enough or maybe it wasn't that much of a deal to him at that moment.

I pinched my nose and shook my head while the phone was pressed tightly to my ear, thinking of what the hell did my father did to his friend that caused him that much pain and killed him.

How can two close friends turn into enemies with just one simple mistake, how can one simple mistake that only took a few minutes to happen ruin a friendship that lasted for years.

All the questions in my head were left unanswered as there was no one here to answer them. No one but me and the devils which was dressed as my thoughts, controlling my anger and confusion that was slightly beginning to rise, rising slowly to my neck... Feeling as if someone was strangling me to death.

"Lillian, you still there?" Cyrus's voice echoed through the phone to my ears leaving him with no response.

No Cyrus I'm not there. I was never there in the first place.

I placed the phone on the coffee table opposite from me and pressed my palms on my forehead, trying to untie the knots of the headache that was already forming in my head.

The picture of father with Wilson, smiling and grinning together boiled my blood so much. I was so damn sure that if father knew that the man he once considered his friend would kill him, he would have killed him a long time ago.

I wanted Wilson dead now more than any time before. A con that betrayed my father, a hypocritical person who want to destroy his friend's family.

I closed my eyes as I tried to control my breathing. I counted to ten in French and breathed from my mouth.

Opening my eyes again, I heard my name said faintly in the air.

I picked the phone again with steadier breath and pressed it into my ears.

"Lillian. Are you okay? Where the hell are you?" Cyrus's full of worry voice said.

I sighed and shook my head to release the thoughts in my brain.

Being angry will never help me taking revenge neither getting Francois back, it will only make things worse.

"I'm here. Just a bad signal. Tell the rest of the family that I send a hello for them--don't tell anyone about this Cyrus, it's the last warning" I said coldly.

I heard a sigh from the end of the line followed by a faint goodbye.

I was all alone, again.

But this time I was wrong, I wasn't alone and I was never alone even when my father died. In my point of view he was never dead, he was always there for me but was just disguised up there as stars. The stars that was always there, for me, waiting for me to come and join them to shin brighter with father.