Five.

MICHAEL

Calum's eyes were concentrating on the road and his hands were in the wheel. I turned on my phone to look at the time, 1:45 AM it flashed. Looking through the car window the dark figured houses were blending with the street lighted night, the car was moving in a paste that made everything blurry. I took a deep breath and smiled, then I heard a phone ding.

I saw the speck of light in the car handler, Calum was still looking at the road. Grabbing the phone in the handler, I turned it on and saw Niall's name for the group chat.

Neil whostand😋: Michael..

I bit my bottom lip and tried to get through his password, he changed it.

Bitch.

"Michael." I said out loud, he looked over at me a bit and gave a confused expression and concentrated back to the road.

"What?"

"Niall texted my name." His eyes widen a bit and relaxed.

"Well okay." He said simply. I glared at him in the side as he was still concentrating in the road. I decided to let this go and turn on the radio, realising the stations in Mali's car dose not work. I digged in the compartment for a CD to slide in.

"She has Panic At The Disco CD in there some where." I digged some more till I saw a purple faded CD. Picked it up and I slide it in the radio slot, I pressed a button till it turned to CD and the music began to play.

Listening to the beauty of the song, I looked at the dark skies, seeing nothing move as Calum kept driving. Suddenly I felt something in my thigh, I looked down and saw that it was Calum's hand.

"Tell me." He said softly, as his hand was in my thigh and his other hand in the wheel.

"Don't you already know enough?" I chuckled.

"There's probably something..or I'm just plain wrong." I bit my bottom lip and looked down at his hand, I took his hand loosely in my grip and took a deep breathe.

Calum always does something unpredictable. He finds a way to make anything work and knowing him for half of my life, this drive became my favorite past time. He knows when I'm sad by the sound of my voice, knows when I'm being serious, does anything to make me open up to him more than I shouldn't. Through the past years of us being best friends, I gained feelings. These feelings were fragments in the beginning of junior high, slowly it piled up higher and higher once we reached high school.

Calum's gay, he told me once we hit freshmen year. Calum went through something the time he came out of the closet, he never opened up once after he told me. When I have something on me he knows, he sees it faster than anyone can. On the same car driving a different road one night.

He stopped by a hill and we stayed inside the car and he looked at the view in front of us. Then..I said it that night. I told him. He didn't pause, he didn't look at me the time I told him.

He hugged me. He hugged me as tight as he can till I cried on his shoulder.

"Mikey..you remembered what I said if these thoughts come back right?" I bit my bottom lip and gripped on his hand some more.

"I remember Cal."

"Where do you wanna go?" He asked as his hand slightly gripped on my thigh a bit. I smiled at the action and looked at the silent road as light poles were guiding our path.

"I wanna see the sunset again, but in a different location." Calum stood quiet for a bit and smiled.

"Want to sleep in the car again?" I shook my head.

"No, I don't feel like sleeping at the moment." Calum looked over at me a bit and then at the road.

"Where do you want to go then, because I can only think of one place right now and that is the hill remember?" I bit my bottom lip remembering what almost happen that one night in the hill.

"Well..there is this one place..." Calum looked over at me a bit once more and then at the road, "Where is it?" He asked as his hand left my thigh, I pouted as the sudden feeling of his hand was gone.

"I'll show you directions just keep driving." Calum chuckled and he continued to look at the road. I looked away from the boy and then at the window seeing a bit of my reflection through it, I didn't want to look any further.

Looking away from the window, I looked at the road we were heading and I pointed to the left. Calum was following my every word to go to this new place, continuing his drive the dark night sky was slowly changing into it's beautiful morning beauty. I smiled seeing something change so slowly.

Then I noticed the dark brown bricks that the building was made out of, "We're here." I said sitting up in my seat. Calum stopped the car once I said that, he looked over at my window and had a confused expression over his face.

"What is this place?" He asked observing the building. Calum's face was leaning a bit closer to mine to see more of the building, I looked at his side profile and smiled a bit and opened the car door. Stepping outside the car the cold breeze hit my skin, I took a deep breath taking in the breeze and smiled at the building in front of me. I heard a car door slam behind me and Calum stood right next to me.

"Your old apartment." He said, I smiled and looked down at his hand and bit my bottom lip and reached over to his empty hand nervously held on to it. He looked down at his hand and entwined our fingers instantly and looked up at me, "Your hand is sweaty." He chuckled, I rolled my eyes playfully and walked him to the entrance going up to my favorite place.

"Great to ruin an emotional moment Cal." I said holding on to his hand as we went up the stairs, he chuckled behind me as I continued to walk up the building.

"I have a question though." Calum said, I hummed a responds as we continued walked up some more.

"What is it?"

"How long have you been coming here without telling me?" I bit my bottom lip and sighed.

"Freshmen year, I used to ride my bike here in occasions." We stopped in front of a door and I twisted the knob and slammed the door open, I saw the pink purple pastel skies through the line of the opened door.

"So I'm the special bitch that gets to see your hiding spot whenever you need to get away from the world?" Calum asked, I turned around and looked down at our hands and chuckled.

"You're holding my sweaty hand and looking at the morning sky through a busted door, what do you think?" Calum had a grin plastered in his lip and I pulled on his hand and we went through the busted door and the cold breeze of the morning hit our faces. Calum's hand was still holding mine till we reached my spot in the top of the roof.

The edge of the roof.

I untangled our hands and walked over to my usual spot and sat right in the spot I stood. I turned around and saw Calum's small smile in his lip, he walked over to me and sat right next to me and placed his hand on my lap.

"Beautiful view huh?" I said looking around the small buildings in front of us

"It is." Calum said.

I turned over to him and instantly saw that Calum was looking at me instead of the buildings. He had a small smile on his lip and he leaned his head on my shoulder.

"You're quiet a view Michael."