love

People my age are always talking about how they fall in love with the wrong people. They pity themselves and then fall in love all over again only a week later.

I don't understand.

Falling in love? I don't understand how someone can fall in love. Maybe it's my startling lack of emotions, but I've never been in love. I've had my fair share of boys who care deeply for me, but I'm unable to truly feel as strongly about them as they do for me.

Am I broken? Because at this point, I'm pretty damn sure that's the only logical explanation.

Some of the best guys I've met, I can't even force myself to feel for them.

Is my mind subconsciously suppressing the emotion of love?

Now I can see how people do drugs or self harm. They want to feel something. Anything.

Granted, I won't begin either of those terrible habits, but I do understand. I believe it'd be nice to actually feel something. Something like love.

Women complain about how they want to find a man who will love them as much as she loves him. They complain about boy's lack of emotions, and how they want to feel loved.

And here, I'm complaining about my lack of emotion. I want to love someone as much as he loves me. I want to feel something.

I want to love someone. Truly love someone.