Lights out

I've been in this relationship for a little over a year. Yeah it's not that big of a deal to some but to me it was really a part of me. He was my best friend. And now he's gone. He left.
He took me to lunch and pretended everything was fine. He told me he loved me like everything was fine. He kissed me like everything was fine. We talked and laughed like everything was fine. He held my hand like everything was fine. Everything was fine.
And as he was dropping me off he decided not to come in and say hey to my dad. That was kinda strange but I figured he was in a hurry. Right as I un-buckled he reached over and grabbed my hand, stared me in the eyes for a split second, and then never met my eyes again. He said he couldn't do it anymore. He said this wasn't good for us. He said he wasn't what I needed.
What the hell does he know what I need. He was it for me...or at least that's what I'd prayed. I was hoping he would be it. I've almost rewired my brain around him. He was perfect to me. I don't look at other men, or at least not like I looked at him. He was handsome and a gentleman and said he never meant to hurt me, but ultimately we see how that turned out.
I feel like a 13 year old going through her first breakup. Crying like a baby because "we were gonna spend the rest of our lives together." But I can't do that. I have to hold it in.
He's made me go soft over this past year. I use to never cry; not for deaths, not for tragedies, and especially not for boys. Yet here I am.
I was lied to.
He was a coward.
But he's all I look at.