Chapter Six.

Kane, Chase, Trent and Troy carried boxes into the new house. They had to wait for Brad to come and then they could get to work. The house was small. The ground floor with the kitchen, living room, basement and only two bedrooms. There was a basement which was practically empty. But it’s where they could put all their weapons if anyone not in the same business as them came by to say hi to their new neighbors.

Trent put down a box and sighed. Chase set his box down next to his friend’s. Chase went to get another one, when Trent grabbed his arm. Chase looked at his friend. Trent’s hazel eyes weren’t happy and shiny like when Chase saw them last --- on the video chat before he and Chandler went to the club. Trent rubbed a naturally tanned hand over his short Caesar hair cut. Trent cleared his throat. “I’m sorry about Chan.”

Chase gave a weak closed mouth smile. “We’ll get her back.” He sighed. “That’s why you’re here.”

“I hope we can get her back.”

“Me too bro, me too.” Chase gave Trent a manly pat on the back, and lead him to the door to go out to the car to get another box. Chase prayed to himself that they could get Chandler back. He didn’t even think he was in it for the money anymore. When they took his sister, that went out the window and he wanted them dead. Right then, right now. And now, he had the team to go and do that. Besides Brad, for his plane was a bit late.

***

“So, you gonna stop staring at me and tell me why Seev’s stressing out?” Jay asked, after a few minutes of silence, and the exchange of looks between Max and Siva.

“I think Max should tell you that one.” Siva muttered, walking away from the other two, taking two steps at a time up the stairs. A few seconds later, the slam of the door echoed through the room. Jay looked at Max, eyebrows raised.

“Cat got your tongue?” Jay laughed a bit to lighten the mood.

“Not a cat, per say.”

Jay was interested after Max said that. “Then who has it?” Max’s eyes flicked to the safe, then back to Jay, then to the floor. Jay followed Max’s eyes. “Chandler’s got your tongue.”

“She had it.”

“So, that means you … kissed her?”

“Maybe a couple times.”

“So, you like her?”

“I- I don’t know.”

“You don’t know?” Jay let out a sour laugh. “You shove your tongue down her throat and you don’t know. Very logical Max.”

“Jay-”

“You know what you’ve done now?!” Max sighed. “You’re growing feelings for her, and now you won’t want to let her go and then you’ll do something crazy and stupid and just ruin everything.” Jay snapped.

“I know, I was stupid, I didn’t know what was going on in my head.”

“Damn right you didn’t know.” Jay stomped up the stairs. “You’re not babysitting anymore. Nath’ll do it.” The door slammed again. Max stood there, rubbed his hands over his face and sighed.

“My love life sucks.” He muttered, walking up the stairs, to have the door be slammed again in the past five minutes.

***

Chandler sat in the safe alone for what seemed like hours. She didn’t eat much. She only nibbled here and there, taking bites that a mouse would take. She kept looking at the door. She didn’t know why. Maybe for Max? For Jay? For Chase? She believed she was looking for Max more. Even though she wanted Chase here, she wanted to talk to Max, about they’re sharing of each other’s lips. When the door finally opened, she had a small smile on her face, but that disappeared when Nathan came through, and closed it, and sat down near the door.