Chapter Eight.

A/N: Sorry for the wait! Ya'll so patient and I love you for that. So I wrote like most of this a while ago but then I lost the inspiration for the chapter and I couldn't get it back and it just got all ratchet so I'm sorry for some of the suckiness in this chapter. And don't hate me for what happens in it ok. All I'm gonna say is that it makes me sad so you might be sad near the end so be prepared. Okay, that's it. Till next time loves!

Chase gave a long stare, then lowered his gun to his side. Chandler sniffled as she watched her brother walk towards Max. Chase grabbed his good arm, and pulled him up to stand, then turned him around to loosen the ties. Before Chase let Max go, he gritted his teeth together, “Do anything I don’t like, and you’re dead.” As the last word was said, Max pushed away from Chase and took a few steps to Chandler. Chandler sat on the floor, mouth agape, looking from her brother and to Max - who apparently loved her.

The big question that was running through her head was: did she love him? She smiled softly as Max sat next to her on the floor and pulled her onto his lap and into his strong arms. She sniffled a few more times as she settled against his chest. Max had a small smile on his lips as she finally settled and had her head on his chest, his heartbeat ringing through her skull.

Chase grunted, keeping a close eye on Max as he went out to the kitchen to talk to Kane. Jay watched as Max and Chandler held each other. He didn’t like it - he was mad at Max for growing feelings for her, which would make this whole thing harder, he was mad because he and the others would die as Chandler would refuse to have Max killed and he was a little bit ... jealous? Yup, Jay’s head was filling with jealousy. He wanted someone to hold, someone to kiss, someone to love. Hell, he was sure all the boys wanted that. It was practically written all over Nathan’s face as he watched the pair on the floor.

***

“How she doing?”

Chase sighed, as he took a seat next to his father at the breakfast bar. “She’s ... okay.” Kane’s head dropped as his hope of her loving him as her father was starting to crumble. “Max is comforting her right now.” Kane’s head snapped up and looked at Chase.

“What?”

“Max, he’s comforting her. I’m not fond of it either but-”

“But what?! He’s a criminal, he probably did it so he can kill us-”

Chase shook his head, mumbling an ‘I don’t know’. Kane let out a growl, “They seemed like they had feelings for each other.”

“He’s playing you,”

“Go look at them then, tell me that’s not what love looks like. Tell me that’s not how you looked at Mum.” Chase snapped, putting his head down and running his hands through his hair in slight frustration. Kane was quiet. He didn’t say anything to Chase as he got up and walked to the living room. Peeking around the wall, he saw them, Max and Chandler holding each other, he assumed Max was whispering sweet things into her ear for his lips were moving. Chandler had her head on his chest, and she would smile as Max gave a kiss on the top of her head.

Kane walked back to his seat in the kitchen. Chase looked over at him and Kane nodded slightly; that’s how he felt when he was with Chandler and Chase’s mother - in love. Chase’s stomach clenched nervously, for he had to do something that Chandler wouldn’t like. He had to finish this whole thing.

He sighed, stood up and walked to the living room, gun in his hand.

***

Max’s lips lingered on Chandler’s head, the smell of her hair, (which was an apple scent) crawling into his nose. “Just give it some time, maybe talk to him.”