Sneak Peek

A/N: Firstly, I want to say thank you for selecting my book to read and I hope you enjoy it. Also this is my somewhat second attempt at writing a better story. This time I hope to gain more reads and comments, so that I know what I need to improve on. By becoming a good writer you have to take chances, and that's what I'm doing with this book. So on that note I hope you guys like it, it's called Marissa's Savior & here's a...
Sneak Peek ;)
______________________

"Marissa, how come you can't come to Tisha's party tonight? You do know that it's going to be totally lame and no fun without you there right!?" my best friend whined into my ear.

Here we go again... You know I feel really bad that I can't go and it's not because I don't want to go, it's mainly because I can't. My father forbids me from having any fun and he says that I need to be a "role model" for my younger sister, which means I'm not allowed to go out on a school night and I can't have any friends over. It stinks because every time my friends and I want to hang out I have to cancel all my plans because of my father.

He always ruins everything for me, never letting me do anything without him or my stepmom knowing, and he always says it's for my own good. I know he's lying though because he never cared about me. He only cares about my sister Kelly, his wife, and his o so precious reputation that he has to live up to.

Again, this means that I'm not allowed to do anything that could jeopardize what he stands for and who he is, even if that means giving up my plans and cancelling on my friends every now and then.

"I know, I know, I'm really sorry Tiffany. You know I really really want to go but, my dad says that I can't go out tonight. And before you try to cuss me out, it's because I have.. you know tons and tons of chores that need to be done." I lied through the cellular device that I was currently holding in my hand.

This is the second time today I'm lying to my best friend, the first time was when she tried to hook me up with this boy I've been crushing for like two weeks, but I told her I can't because he likes someone else.

To be honest, I actually don't know if he even likes anyone else but, I rather tell her that than say my father doesn't allow me to date.

"Aw come on Marissa, you have to learn how to live a little. I mean your dad's not always going to be there to make your decisions for you, so just stop using him as an excuse." Tiffany states with a more serious tone.

I know Tiffany's angry with me because I keep cancelling on her and the plans that we make. But, I also know that Tiffany is used to defying her parents' authority but, me on the other hand I do exactly what I'm told. It's not because I'll be rewarded for it or anything, it's simply because I have no choice... I have to do what I'm expected to do or who knows where I'll end up.

I just fear that my father might leave me on the streets or something with no way to contact my family or anyone for that matter because he knows that I'm just not ready to survive on my own.

"Just think about it Riss. If you come everyone will be so jelly because your dress cost more than theirs and you can actually gain the attention of the whole basketball team, who is also going to be there. So pretty pretty please can you just come? For me. Your best friend. Who has been with you through everything.." Tiffany exclaims, while trying to convince me to go to Tisha's party.

I know she's trying to persuade me into going to this party with her but, I'm afraid to say it, that's not going to happen. She needs to accept the fact that I am not allowed to hang out with friends or go out because.. because that's just how things are. I can't. I wouldn't. I won't go against my father's commands because that's just how it is.

"Listen Tiff," I slowly start off before I tell her, "I know that you don't understand but, I'm sorry my life is way more complicated than you think an-"

"Is it so complicated that you have to always cancel plans with your best friends and avoid living life like a teenager is supposed to? If that's the case than call me when you're life becomes uncomplicated because," she breathes out slowly.

"I'm done with trying to figure out why my best friend doesn't want to hang out with me anymore and why she always jumps when daddy says jump." she finishes.

That was the last thing Tiffany said to me before she hang up the phone. It made me feel like shit. It made me feel like my best friend was neglecting me because I can't live up to her standards of being a rebel. Honestly, I didn't mean to hurt her feelings and I most certainly did not intend on being the one to make her feel like I don't care because truth be told... I do care it's just I'm not allowed to show it.

_____________________________________________

So I hope you guys liked the intro to my story. I enjoyed writing this little sneak peek and giving you guys some insight on what kind of a person Marissa is and how she handles certain situations..

Anyway, please of course tell me what you guys thought of the sneak peek? Would you consider reading this book?

LIKE

COMMENT

VOTE

FOLLOW

~ LynnLynn❤️