Chapter Five

Chapter Five: What Are Friends For?

Song: Turn Me On - David Guetta ft. Nicki Minaj

Marissa's POV

I hang up the phone. Then, I grab my pillow and scream into it just like the way Lilo and Nani did in Lilo & Stitch. You can't be fucking serious. I, Marissa LaDonna, have to show up at Brian Reynolds House just to pick up my intoxicated best friend? Kill me now.

Out of all the places in the world, Tiffany chooses to get drunk at his house. Not only that, but it's almost 1 o'clock in the morning! And out of all the other people on her contacts list, she decides that once again, I should be the one to clean up her mess. Why me?

I swear that's the only time Tiffany ever calls me. When she needs or wants something from me, or when she's having problems and looks to me for the solution. I know most friends do that, but can't friends ever call once in a while just to see how your day went? I mean is that too much to ask for nowadays?

I thought friends were supposed to have a balanced relationship.

For example, when one friend is sulking in her feelings because she's on her TOM (Time Of the Month), the other friend could be kind and buy her a Hershey chocolate bar with almond nuts. Or, when a friend is having problems talking to a boy she's been crushing on for weeks..the other friend should be nice enough to pull the boy into a choke hold, and make him like her friend for the beautiful and confident person that she truly is.

I admit Tiffany can be that friend sometimes. Most of the time, I feel like she's dependent on me and guilt tricks me into saying yes. However, there's times when she knows not to cross the line; like when it comes to my father and I's complicated relationship. She never talked about him but, she did always ask a million questions, one of them being: why he treats my sister better?

Unlike my sister, who gets everything, my father doesn't let me do anything. Like not letting me go out to parties or hang out with my friends. Or just simply not letting me have any friends spend the night in my beautiful castle, as Tiff would put it.

Although it may look like a castle from inside out and my father may be the king, I am anything but a princess. I feel like a prisoner being locked away from her happiness and freedom. To other people, my life looks like some kind of fairytale, but it's far from any happily ever after.

Noticing these little details, Tiffany thinks she's got my whole life story figured out. I remember one day she asked me if my father loved me or not..because you know most parents love their kids and all, but the way my father showed his "love" for me was different.

I never answered her that day. I just avoided the question, like always, because I myself didn't know the answer. I don't think I ever will.

Getting back to the situation at hand, I now have to go save Tiffany: the Damsel in Distress.

The fact that she's drunk at some boy's house worries me. I'm scared that some guy might take advantage of her, but knowing Tiff she'll probably knee the guy in the balls before he even gets a chance to touch her ass. Nonetheless, I just really hope she's not too drunk to the point that she isn't familiar with her surroundings.