Chapter Four

Chapter Four: Friday Nights Just Got Interesting

Marissa's POV

As I lay on my bed starring up at the ceiling, I can't help but think about what Leon said to me the other day. I mean the things he said to me didn't even make sense. He sounded completely self-centered and idiotic. It makes me wonder if a person can honestly be that shallow or not.

He had the nerve to actually pull me aside and tell me what he truly thought about me. Then, I got this feeling it was all because he was just jealous that I might be a better baller than him. Well to bad..He needs to suck it up and be a man.

To tell you the truth, I used to really suck at basketball.

I always thought it was because I was too short to reach the net but, it was actually because I was throwing the ball all wrong and I wasn't aiming for the rectangular box that's around the basketball hoop. And now that I've practiced, it's become a hobby that I'm actually good at, other than singing of course.

Anyway, that really doesn't even matter because those words shouldn't have come out of Leon's mouth. Why does he even care anyway? He already has everything, but he's to air-headed to actually see that.

Urgh! Guys like him make me so frustrated. Honestly they have the biggest egos on this planet. If only they could see how much it weighs down on this earth, then maybe they would understand where us girls are coming from. Urgh! And I seriously can't believe Leon made me feel so..so flustered. The other day when he bumped into me...I thought I felt something. Ha, not anymore.

When we touched for that one second in the hallway it felt like there were butterflies swimming around in my stomach, making me feel self conscious and less confident.

However, when he tackled me to the ground in basketball all those butterflies went away and were replaced with rage and more confidence than I have ever had before.

He made it seem like I'm the stuck up one, when in all honesty it's actually him. But, because he's already labeled me as The School's Snobby Rich Girl in his head, he thinks he's got it all right. That's so fucking typical of him.

It's because I have more than the average person that I'm automatically categorized as someone who gets it easy in life. All because of the stereotypes people live by. But, people really don't know what goes on behind these closed doors.

All I know is I could careless what someone like him or Tisha or Brian thinks of me. They all hate on me because I do better than them and it's without my father's money, even though they may think otherwise. I don't even care what they say or think about me..Or at least sometimes I don't.

*****

Once I got home from school, I finished my homework and took a shower. Usually I have work after school, but today's my day off and I don't know what to do with myself. Since my sister's not home yet because she has piano lessons and my step mom's at work, I'm stuck here in this big ass mansion all by myself. Great and it's Friday..

Not knowing what to do, I head downstairs and walk into the living room area. I find Barbara, the nanny that works for Kelly, sitting there on the couch consumed in some old soap opera that she's watching on television. Guess I'm not so alone after all.