Chapter One

Chapter One: A Bumpy Start

Jennifer Freeman as Marissa

Marissa's POV

As I wake up from my humongous comfortable bed, I can't help but notice how warm it feels. It feels like I'm drifting on a cushy cloud and everything around me seems at peace. I for once feel at peace. But that warm fuzzy feeling doesn't last forever because just as my eyes start to close and my body starts drifting back into a slumber my stupid alarm goes off.

Why oh why do I have to go to school today?

I mean no one goes there to learn anymore. It's all about who's with who, who has what, and who's more popular. We all know school is just an excuse that adults made up because they want their kids out of the house as soon as possible. I hate school, but then again it's an escape from reality for me.

Why can't I just stay in my bed away from everyone else?

I ask myself this question everyday and I never seem to get an answer in return.

"Marissa get your lazy butt up!" My younger sister screams, opening my bedroom door. "Can you get up to make me some breakfast?" 

I seriously need to get a lock for that damn door. I'm tired of people barging in my room when they want to. 

"I'm already up Kels." I say sitting up rolling my eyes.

"You don't have to barge in here every damn day and hello you know you can just ask Barbara to make you some breakfast right?" I respond in a monotone. I mean that's why our father hired her in the first place.

"Yeah I know. But I don't like asking her to cook and clean for me..it's weird, and besides you cook way better than her." She states with a sly smirk on her face.

Oh I'll never get tired of my sister's sarcastic compliments it just warms my heart. Not as warm as my bed at the moment, but her minor compliments still bring me some happiness. It's why I love her, I still don't know why, but I love her pain in the ass.

"Uh by the way your friend Tiffany kept calling last night. She left these long voice mails talking about how she's sorry you couldn't make it to some party, how "BMW Brian" was asking about you and blah, blah, blah." She states rolling her eyes.

I find it funny how my sister and best friend act like they can't stand each other even though they act the exact same way.

"What the heck does BMW mean anyway? Does this Brian guy drive a BMW?"

I took one look at her face and a dirty thought came to my mind before I busted out laughing. If only she new.

"Trust me you don't want to know." I say with a smirk trying to withhold my laughter.

"That just makes me want to know even more. Come on Marissa!" She whines. "Tell me. I won't tell anyone." She exclaims with curiosity.

"Okay. I'll tell you." I smile. "It stands for...Big Mexican Wiener."

The look on her face was priceless. Her cheeks turned a light shade of pink and her eyes were wide as her mouth. I couldn't hold it in any longer and started laughing.

"Oh my God. Are you serious? Did you and Tiffany see it before?"

"No! I was just messing with you." I stammer in between laughter.