Chapter 3: Blood Lust

Please be advised that this chapter contains sexually explicit scenes.

Chapter Three

I counted to three before I sped down the stairs. There was no way I would leave my dinner date with Maddie or the other two women. They would have him for dinner before I even got to dinner.

''So where are you taking my sister?'' Maddie said in her most seductive voice.

I stood in the shadow of the doorway, waiting for his reply.

"You guys are sisters?''

''Yes, can't you tell?'' Maddie sounded like she would meow at any moment.

That was my queue to make an appearance. I could hear his heart beat speed up as he looked at me. I have never paid much attention to that in the past. His eyes had an untamable fire in them. It was weird and made me feel...what? Giddy, about to put on my dancing shoes and twirl in circles? I didn't know what I was feeling, but it was a good feeling nonetheless.

''Hi.'' He cleared his voice and I could hear a faint growl escape from his chest.

I smiled politely. His eyes followed my body from the black eight-inch stilettos, up the black skinny shredded jeans, to the silk red blouse with its scooped neck, exposing my fair skin. I felt sexy and could see that he was impressed.

''I thought I told you no." I put on the most serious face I could.

I watched as he composed himself. At that moment, I so desperately wanted to read his mind to find out what he was thinking, but as a vampire you don't have such a power. You can compel them, yes, but you cannot read the minds of humans.

''And I don't take no for an answer.'' He smiled and I knew he was going to try to bring out all his charm; he didn't need much though, he looked hellishly sexy as he was in his black jeans and black V-neck tank top. His muscles flexed and I thought my heart flipped. He was lean and radiated masculinity like no other man I have ever seen. I found myself fascinated with him almost to the extreme and that was weird, as nothing had ever fascinated me in the longest of times.

''You look...'' his jaw flexed and he cut his own words short.

I watched as his eyebrow lifted and his eyes flashed something I assumed was lust, hot passionate lust. Something I was feeling in my core at that moment. Instead of going out, I wanted to drag him up stairs and do bad things to him, very bad things.

''Okay kids, best be on your way.'' Maddie grinned and I shot her a stare.

Talia and Blaire walked into the room. I opened my ears to see if he reacted the same way to them and was surprised to find his heart rate even. Maddie, Blair and Talia were all gorgeous. Men fell at their feet, but this human remained neutral in the face of their beauty.

''You hurt her, I will rip your throat out with my teeth.'' Talia said in her politest voice. A fake smile crossed her face. Connor was the only one that didn't know she wasn't joking. Not that he could hurt me, even if he tried.

''Connor, I suggest we be on our way.'' I walked over to the door; he stared at Talia for a moment longer, then let out a smile and opened the door for me.

The air was cold but I barely felt it against my skin. Connor walked me over towards a black Impala; it was exquisite.

''Like her?'' He rubbed the top of the car as if it was his baby.

''She's nice.'' I said holding back my true feelings.

''Her Names Layla.'' He laughed then opened up the car door for me.