Chapter 7

Guys, I'm finally back! Well, for the night... School.. Ugh! Very easy but too much homework. Being in 11th grade won't be easy.
---------------------
•Ross•
Tonight is the night. The night I finally go back onstage. We agreed Rydel will sing a couple of Laura's songs because I told Rydel that Laura said it was okay.

R5 will be singing a few songs from the 'Louder' album but I'll only be singing one of those songs. And that's 'If I Can't be With You'. I'm singing a song by myself I wrote for Laura for our one year anniversary.
.......
"Your nervous?" Laura asks me as we stand backstage.

"Kinda. I haven't been on stage in so long." I say.

"Well you'll go amazing. You can call this your comeback." She says and I chuckle. "Yeah. I guess I can." I say.

"Well, it's almost time for me to go on. You'll be right here in the wings right?" I ask.

"Of course. Good luck. I love you." She says, kissing my cheek. "Thanks. I love you too."

As I walk onstage, the whole crowd starts to scream and cheer. I smile and bring the mic up to my mouth.

"Hey guys. I- I thought you'd forget about me." I admit.

"Forget about Ross Lynch?! That's impossible!" I hear a fan yell.

"Aww thanks." I say. 

"Now, this is an older song. You all should know it." Rocky said into his mic.

As Rydel plays the beginning cords to the song, the crowd cheers. I look over to Laura and see her smiling. I smile back and bring the mic back to my mouth.

(I'm sorry but I don't really want to write the lyrics.. You can listen to the song then read the rest of the chapter!)

"With you..." I finish the song, with a few tears down my face. The rest of the band run and hug me as the crowd 'awes'. When we release, I quickly run to the wings and engulf Laura into a hug.

"You did so good! I so proud of you!" Laura exclaims. "Thank you so much."
I say and she nods into the crook of my neck.

"Alright everyone." I hear Rydel say. I turn around and see Rydel in front, center stage. "This song was written by Laura Marano, before she committed suicide." Rydel said with tears eyes. I turn and see Laura not next to me.

"Laur?" I whisper. Nothing.

I stand up and turn the corner to backstage and see it empty.

"Wait." I hear someone say. I run back to the wings and see Laura, on stage, with a mic in her hand.

I gasp and cover my mouth, getting ready to cry again.

The crowd gasps as well. Rydel turns around and sees Laura.

"Wha- Laura?" Rydel asks, getting ready the cry with me.

"Hi Delly." Laura says.

"Is that, really you?" Rydel asks and Laura nods.

"Yeah. It's me Delly." Laura says.

Rydel lets out a loud sob and pulls Laura into a big hug. I begin to cry as I run over to Delly and Laura and pull them both into a hug.

To my surprise, the crowd stays silent. This a surprise to everyone. Even me because she actually exposed herself.

Rydel wipes her tears. "Guys, this concert is over. I'm so sorry to end it this early. But I think people have some explaining to do."

"We love you Laura!" The crowd says. Laura smiles and waves.

We go backstage and everyone goes running to Laura. I smile as I watch Laura struggle to hug everyone.

"How?" Basically everyone asks.

"I told you. I told you all Laura was still alive." I say, pulling Laura closer to me.

"How? How did we not see you?" Riker asks.

Laura sighs. "Whenever I heard someone, I would hide. I'd wait till Ross was distracted and then I would leave." Laura says.

"You got in how, exactly?" I ask. Because I don't even know!

"The balcony." She says. Right! Forgot about the balcony.

"So Ross wasn't talking crazy?" Rocky asks.

"No. No he wasn't." Laura answers.

I grab Laura by her arm and drag her outside. I pull her into a hug. "Stay with me." I say, crying, again.

"Always." She answers.
---------
Never fear! This isn't the end!

~Laura's alive!