Chapter 8

Tobin wakes up before Alex like usual. Smiling, the midfielder kisses her girlfriend's hair before getting up carefully and sliding on some sweats and a sports bra.

She walks out in the kitchen and begins cooking breakfast for the other girl.

Once done she walks back into Alex's room to wake her up.

Right as Tobin is about to kiss her forehead, she hears Alex's phone go off.

"Tobes check that for me." Alex mumbles very sleepily.

The caramel eyed girl reaches over grabbing Alex's iPhone.

Serv: Hey Lex, I'm in Portland. Want to meet up somewhere?

As Tobin reads the message her blood begins to boil.

"Who is it baby?" The crystal eyed girl asks, her voice raspier than usual.

"See for yourself." The midfielder mutters coldly leaving the phone on the bed.

Tobin walks out of the room leaving a confused Alex.

Checking her phone, Alex sighs.

Al: No Servando.

She texts back before getting dressed and walking out into the kitchen of the small apartment.

"Tobin, I honestly have no clue why he texted me I haven't even talked to him since the divorce was finalized." Alex says.

"Don't fucking lie to me, Alex. I know how you two are, you've been like it your whole lives. You and I get going really well then he says some sweet things to you, you break things off with me...or just flat out cheat. I get my heart broken, again. Then you two live a happy life until I come back into the picture thinking for some reason things will be different and things never fucking are." The light haired girl's voice raises with each word and by the time she is done she is in Alex's face practically shouting.

Taking a deep breath, Tobin shakes her head. "Call me when you are serious about what you want. Until then I'm not going to play this game just to get hurt again."

With that, Tobin walks into the room she shares -used to share- with Alex.

She grabs the things she'll need for about a week then pulls a t shirt on and walks out the door.

"Tobin wait, please." Alex begs behind her, sobs wracking her body.

"I want you. You are my everything Tobin. I love you, please don't do this." She begs.

"Yeah, I've heard that before." Tobin says coldly as she walks out of the building.

•••••

Its been two weeks since Tobin left. Two very long and painful weeks for both Alex and Tobin.

The light haired girl is laying on the bed in the hotel she has been staying in.

There are stray bottles of hard alcohol lying around. Tobin is staring at the ceiling trying to think about anything but the crystal eyed beauty.

She hears a knock on the door. A confused look etches its way onto the soccer player's face.

She gets up, used to the feeling of being drunk by now. When Tobin reaches the door she looks through the peep hole seeing none other than Kelley O'Hara.

"What the fuck?" Tobin mumbles as she opens the door.

"Kell what the hell are you doing here?" The midfielder asks.

"Can I come in?" The freckled girl asks.

"Uhm yeah of course." Tobin says letting her friend in, shutting the door behind her.