Chapter 10

After the girls play Haiti Tobin carries hers and Alex's bags out of the room.

"Lex we are taking a little detour, we aren't going straight to Portland. We are stopping in Diamond Bar first." The hazel eyed girl says.

"Why?" The forward asks, furrowing her eyebrows

"It's a surprise babe." Tobin smiles.

"Ugh fine." Alex smiles back.

••••••

Once the two arrive in Diamond Bar, Tobin rents a car and drives to the girls' old highschool.

"Tobin, why are we here?" The ocean eyed girl asks.

"I wanted to take a walk down memory lane." The light haired girl shrugs.

Once the two get out and Tobin unlocks the door with a key Alex doesn't question. They are walking hand in hand down the hallway they shared their first kiss.

Once they reach the exact spot Tobin stops.

"Do you remember what happened here?" The caramel eyed girl asks her girlfriend.

"Our first kiss. You started rambling because you thought I said no to being your girlfriend and I kissed you to basically shut you up." Alex smiles fondly at the memory.

"Yeah well, time to make some new memories." Tobin states as she takes a small black box out of her pocket and gets down on one knee.

Alex covers her mouth with her hands.

"Alex Morgan, you are my best friend, my lover, my rock, my safe place, my shoulder to cry on, my anchor, Alex you are home to me. I know that you and I have been through hell and back with our relationship but I'm in for the long run. I am in love with you, Alex. I am in love with your smile, the way your nose crinkles when you laugh, with how you twist your fingers when you are nervous about something. I am in love with how you speak so passionately about what you believe in, if we were to stay here until I got done listing off the things I love about you, we would be here forever. I told myself I'd make this short but here I am rambling so I guess what I'm really trying to say is, Alexandra Patricia Morgan, will you do me the incredible honour of becoming my wife?" Tobin finishes as she opens the small velvet box.

Alex nods quickly, "Yes, yes, yes, a million times yes." She smiles as tears form in her eyes as Tobin slides the diamond ring on her finger then hugging her tightly, licking her up and spinning her around.

"I love you, superstar." Tobin smiles setting Alex down.

"I love you too, Toby." Alex returns the smile.

••••••

When the two arrive at their apartment in Portland and get everything put away Alex turns to Tobin.

"Hey babe I'm going to go get some groceries and maybe pick up a pizza. Want to come?" The dark haired girl asks.

"I would but I was going to get our laundry started and just clean up around the apartment." The midfielder answers.

"Alright then I'll be back soon, I love you." Alex pecks her fiance's lips and smiles.

"Drive safe, I love you too." Tobin returns the smile.

After Alex leaves, Tobin plugs her phone into the iHome that is sitting in the kitchen and turns some music on.

She starts her first load of laundry then hears the doorbell.

Frowning slightly she turns the music off and walks over to the door, opening it.

"Hey Tobin." Steph Catley smiles. "I hope I'm not intruding I just thought I'd stop by and hang with you and Alex for a bit considering I head back to Melbourne next week and I didn't have either of your num-" the brunette is cut off by Tobin smiling.

"Steph it's 100% fine, come on in." The midfielder gives her signature smile as she steps aside letting the Australian in.

"Alex is actually out getting groceries right now but I think she'll be home sometime soon." The hazel eyed girl says as the two walk into the living room.

They both take a seat on the couch.

"Happy to be back?" Steph asks her friend.

"Yeah, are you happy to be going back to Australia?" The light haired girl answers back with another question.

"Yeah but I'll miss some things...and people." The defender answers as she looks down at her hands.

"What's going on Steph? You can tell me." Tobin says gently.

The other girl nods knowing that she can trust her teammate. "Well uh I have this crush on someone that is on our team...maybe it's a little more than I crush but this girl is drop dead gorgeous, so incredibly talented, she's funny she's just, ugh, I can't explain it. She's perfect." Her accent becoming more prominent as she speaks passionately about the girl she has feelings for.

"Wow Steph, she's a lucky girl to have someone like you care for her that deeply." The midfielder smiles. "Who is it? If you don't mind me asking that is."

"Well erm its uh its you, Tobin." Steph says timidly as she looks down at her fingers in her lap, manipulating them nervously.

"Oh...Steph I'm flattered, really I am. You are a such an amazing girl, you're stunning, sweet, and not to mention talented. But uh I'm actually seeing someone right now." Tobin says carefully.

"Oh well then I'm incredibly sorry, this must be so awkward for you. I'm really sorry Tobin I had no clue." The Australian says, her soft eyes exuding nothing but sincerity.

"There is nothing to be sorry about Steph you can't help the way you feel about someone, trust me I know from experience." The older of the two smiles softly.

"I hope this won't make things awkward between us." The defender returns the small smile.

"I don't see why it would." Tobin states right as Alex walks through the door with a couple grocery bags and Allie follows her with two boxes of pizza.

"Hey I'm ho- oh hey Stephanie what's up?" The crystal eyed girl smiles.

"Steph just came over to chill with the two coolest people she knows." Tobin smiles nudging the Australian with her elbow.

"Oh you know it." Steph giggles.

"Hey what about me?" Allie asks feigning offense.

"Oh yeah I ran into Allie at the grocery store and she kinda followed me home." Alex chuckles, putting groceries away.

"That's fine, looks like we are having a girl's night." Tobin smiles widely.

••••••

After Allie and Stephanie leave Tobin and Alex decide to go to sleep.

After they both have done their nighttime routine they curl up with each other in bed.

"I love you, Alex." Tobin mumbles sleepily.

"I love you too, Tobin." Alex's raspy voice returns.

A/N:Dear god I haven't updated in forever I'm so sorry. Anyway let me know what you guys think. Oh and FYI ending will be the chap after next so be prepared. As always, stay positive and dance for money and updates. (: -Kaycee