Chapter Seven

Aimee's POV

As Sephiroth fought with me, I watched his long limbs move elegantly, and as I finally sliced the Nightcrawler in half, he was by my side.

There wasn't any mercy from me for the creature. Myth or not, it had attacked my village, and killed my people.

Landing gracefully on the ground, I kicked the dead thing at my feet. "That's for fucking with Barnora, asshole."

Sephiroth placed his hand on my shoulder. "It's done. Our mission is completed."

I shook my head. "We have to stay another night. It's the only way to tell for sure, and I'm not taking any risks. Where's Zack?"

"You need to call him on your phone." He shrugged.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my flip phone from my back pocket, calling his number.

"Zack here" he answered.

"I've identified and killed the subject. Rendezvous with me at the hotel in ten minutes."

"Roger. What was it?"

"Nightcrawler. Don't ask."

He laughed. "Gotcha. I'll see you in ten."

"Ten. Don't be late." I ordered, hanging up.

Sephiroth was watching me quietly.

I shifted under his gaze. "What?"

"How is it possible?" He muttered.

"How is what possible?" I asked, confused.

"N-nothing." He stuttered, turning away.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Like I'm going to believe that. How is what possible?"

"The way that you moved was almost inhuman."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Was that a compliment or an insult?"

"I'm not all that sure." He shrugged.

"Whatever. I'm going back to the hotel."

He nodded, but didn't say anything more.

Stupid him.

-

-

"So, what's a Nightcrawler?" Zack asked as soon as I walked into the room.

"What I thought was a myth." I replied.

"Uh huh. So you're trying to tell me that you fought and killed a myth." He had a smile on his face.

"I wasn't kidding when I said that. I did face it, and I did kill it." I snapped.

He was taken aback. "You were serious?"

"Yes."

"Wow. So where's the other guy that came?"

"He's in another room." Thank god. I don't think I could deal with him for any longer.

"So where are you sleeping?" He blushed.

I gave him a look, making him groan. "We aren't going to get any sleep tonight are we?"

I raised an eyebrow and sniggered, making him turn beetroot red.

"N-n-no! It wasn't supposed to come out that way!"

I shook my head, chuckling. "I'm just messing with ya. Yes, we will get some sleep. We'll be taking turns though to keep an ear out just in case."

"And whose on first watch?"

"Me. Go lay down and get some rest. I'll wake you up in three or four hours."

He groaned. "That's not a lot of sleep."

"It comes with the job. Now go get it while you can, Kid."

"I'm not that young!" He defended.

"Keep in mind that I'm only a year younger than Angeal. To me, you are a kid."

He grumbled his way into the bedroom, but minutes later, I could hear his soft snoring.

I smiled before leaving the room again and going onto the roof and staring up at the moon.

-

I gave Zack four hours of sleep before we switched. It didn't seem fair to me that he should get less than that. After all, he did a good job today.

After he left, I flopped down onto the bed and fell asleep instantly.

-

-

"Aimee! Hey!" Zack snapped his fingers in front of my face.

"What?"

"Lazar just called. He wants us to go back. That guy that came told him the mission was completed. He's already left."

I was sitting up, awake and alert. "That bastard. I'll kill him next time I see him."

"Okay. But we seriously have to go."

"Any screams last night?"

"Hardly a peep." He smirked.

"Alright. Let me pack my stuff and say goodbye to someone and we can go." I wasn't rushing to get back to Shinra, I had missed being home. My mother in particular.

"We don't have time. Apparently it's an emergency. All First Class have to return."

"Let me say goodbye to my mother." I growled, leaving no room for argument.

He gulped. "Yes sir."

"Good."

-

"Mother?" I called, walking into the house.

"In the kitchen!" She called back.

I leaned against the kitchen doorway, smiling. "I guess I should have expected for you to be in here. You always did love to cook."

She chuckled, putting down the spatula, before turning serious. "You have to leave." She stated.

I stayed quiet.

She sighed. "I thought so. I just hoped that you wouldn't have to leave so soon."

"I don't want to." I whispered.

"Take off your mask."

I didn't hesitate, pulling it down instantly.

I heard her gasp. "You're so beautiful Aimee. Inside and out. Your dress code is very good for drawing in men too." She winked.

I blushed. "Mother!"

She laughed. "What? You know it's true. How about that Genesis boy you liked for a while?"

"We're seeing each other." I replied.

"Oooh good. Just make sure you don't get too attached, it could leave you heartbroken dear."

"No man could ever get all of my heart. It belongs to me."

"I know. It's just a motherly instinct to say things like that. I'll miss you until you get back to me."

I gave her a hug. "I'll visit as soon as I can."

"It's a deal."

-

-

-

Uneventful and boring chapter, I know. But that's why I'm working on the next now. By the way I only uploaded this because it was already typed up before the catastrophe happened.

Love ya guys