Chapter Eight

"How was mother?" Angeal asked, hugging me tightly.

"Good. She's tough." I laughed. "What's with the meeting?"

"Lazar thinks that we should all go on a mission together."

"All as in who?"

He laughed. "As in you, Genesis, Sephiroth and I."

"Where are they by the way?" I asked.

"They should be here soon. What was causing the deaths?"

"A Nightcrawler. Believe it or not."

"If anybody else had said that, I would not have believed them. A Nightcrawler. Wow."

"Yeah."

"How'd the kid go?"

"Zack did really well for a first timer. I'd like to train him again either tomorrow or the day after. Just to let him rest a bit. He's gonna need all the sleep he gets."

Two arms pulled down my mask before they wrapped their way around my waist and a kiss was planted on my cheek.

I giggled. "It's good too see you too Genesis."

He nuzzled his head into my neck. "I missed you."

I scoffed. "I wasn't even gone for that long, you big sook."

He chuckled, his chest vibrating against my back, and unwrapped his arms from around me.

I turned and kissed him, making my brother glare at Genesis and I, clearly unimpressed with my actions. "You brake her heart Genesis, and best friend or not, I WILL kill you."

"Got it Angeal. Don't worry, I won't." He promised, staring at me.

I couldn't help it, I blushed.

Genesis laughed. "Gotcha."

"I bet I can make you blush too Gen." I winked.

"How?" He challenged.

I leaned and whispered seductively in his ear so only he could hear. "I just feel like jumping you and having you all to myself." Satisfied when his breath picked up, I leaned back and as predicted, his face was a bright red colour. "So who got who, smartarse?"

"I-I- Umm- wow." He stuttered. "Okay, you got that one."

"I want to spar." I whined.

"You can once you get there." Lazar said, coming into the room, Sephiroth by his side.

I glared at Sephiroth. "Oh?"

"It's not really a mission you're all going on. It's more seeing whether or not you'll all get along. We're sending you to a holiday house by the beach."

"You rushed me back from my hometown to send me on a mission like this?" I snarled. "You have got to be kidding. You already know we all get along."

"I do. My superiors don't. I didn't have a lot of say in this decision Aimee."

"Having superiors sucks."

He sweat dropped. "You don't say... Anywho, all of your belongings are packed and ready to go. You'll be at the house in about two to three hours."

I sighed. "On the road yet again."

Genesis put his arm around my shoulder, smiling softly. "We get more time to catch up now."

I leaned into him. "You mean for you to read Loveless."

"That's another perk."

"You're an idiot."