The Lazarus Experiment

I just realized that I never did Alice's Wattpad takeover days! O.O That'll be coming up soon, I promise.

Anyway, the Doctor and the Alchemist test how Martha handles being home, and determine the price for her to come with them. Also, if you're interested, the Alchemist's outfit is the picture attached to this chapter. It's a wonder the Doctor stays focused in this episode, lol. :P

Enjoy "The Lazarus Experiment!"

***

"Doctor, I swear, if you leave Martha behind," the Alchemist growled as they headed for the console room.

"I just want to see how she does at home for a while after she's been gone," the Doctor promised. "Then she can keep coming."

"Uh huh." The Alchemist folded her arms. "You were honestly thinking that before I called you out on it?"

He blushed. "Well . . . "

"At least you conceded," she patted his cheek. "But we need to make it seem like we're leaving Martha behind."

"Right."

"OK . . . but if you don't pick her back up . . . "

The Doctor blanched. "We will," he nodded ferociously as they returned to the console room.

Martha smiled at the when they arrived. "Where now?" she asked.

"He's picking it," the Alchemist lied.

The Doctor entered the coordinates, and when the TARDIS landed, he put on the handbrake. "There we go," he said, brushing his hands off. "Perfect landing."

"And it was a tight spot, too," the Alchemist checked. "Nice work. Then again, we're used to these by now."

"Where are we?" Martha asked eagerly.

"The end of the line," the Doctor said. "No place like it."

Martha ran outside to check, but she stopped, eyes wide, when she saw where she was. "Home," she said in disbelief, turning as the Doctor exited, the Alchemist poking her head out of the TARDIS and frowning as she looked around. "You took me home?"

"In fact, the morning after we left, so you've only been gone about twelve hours," the Doctor nodded, then quickly checked the clock to check his math. "No time at all, really."

"But all that stuff we've done: Shakespeare, New New York, old New York?"

"Yep," the Doctor confirmed, fidgeting under the Alchemist's glare. Even when she was faking it for Martha, she was still downright intimidating. "All in one night, relatively speaking. Everything should be just as it was. Books, CDs . . . laundry." He held up a pair of Martha's underwear, which she snatched back with a glare. "So, back where you were, as promised."

Martha blinked, still trying to recover. "This is it?"

"Yeah. I should probably, er . . . "

Martha's phone rang, and the answerphone kicked in. "Hi, I'm out. Leave a message."

"I'm sorry," Martha sighed.

"Martha, are you there?" Francine Jones asked. "Pick it up, will you?"

"It's Mum," Martha waved at it. "It'll wait."

"All right, then. Pretend that you're out, if you like. I was only calling to say that your sister's on TV. On the news, of all things! Just thought you might be interested."

Martha frowned, turning on the TV. "How could Tish end up on the news?"

Sure enough, the Alchemist recognized the young black woman standing behind an old man giving a speech. "Tonight, I will demonstrate a device which will redefine our world," he said.