Last of the Time Lords

Just for reference, the photo has the dress I imagine the Alchemist wearing. It's pretty, but I think it looks pretty uncomfortable. I just don't see the Alchemist wearing it. Dianna Agron looks good in it, though.

Speaking of the Alchemist, how does she fare during the year that never was, and how is she treated as the Master's "wife?" Let's find out!

Without further ado, the finale episode, "Last of the Time Lords!"

***

Martha climbed out of the row boat and walked up to the man waiting with an oil lamp on the shore. "What's your name, then?" she asked.

"Tom Milligan," he answered. "No need to ask who you are. The famous Martha Jones. How long since you were last in Britain?"

"Three hundred and sixty five days," Martha answered with a sigh. "It's been a long year."

"So what's the plan?" Tom asked as they walked on.

"This Professor Docherty," Martha answered. "I need to see her. Can you get me there?"

"She works in a repair shed, Nuclear Plant Seven. I can get you inside. What's all this for? What's so important about her?"

"Sorry," Martha shook her head. "The more you know, the more you're at risk."

"There's a lot of people depending on you. You're a bit of a legend."

"What does the legend say?" Martha wondered.

"That you sailed the Atlantic, walked across America. That you were the only person to get out of Japan alive. Martha Jones, they say, she's going to save the world. Bit late for that."

"How come you can drive?" Martha asked as they walked up to a flatbed van. "Don't you get stopped?"

"Medical staff. Used to be in pediatrics back in the old days, but that gives me a license to travel so I can help out other labor camps."

"Great," Martha rolled her eyes. "I'm traveling with a doctor."

"Story goes that you're the only person on Earth who can kill him," Tom said. "That you, and you alone, can kill the Master stone dead."

Martha got into her side of the van. "Let's just drive."

***

The Alchemist despised being the Master's wife.

She felt like a trophy wife, displayed for the entire world to see. Granted, since the Master was "Master of all," the entire world did see her when the Master made his broadcasts. She also swore that she was never going to wear any color of red again, as the Master preferred her in that color. She was only grateful that Lucy hadn't been dropped off in the middle of nowhere. She had requested that Lucy attend to her, which the Master had allowed. Despite Lucy being bitter at being divorced, she had been entirely grateful to the Alchemist for asking her to stay. They had been close friends since, and Lucy had been the one to deliver necessities to the Doctor and Jack.

The Master had absolutely forbid her to see either of them . . . alone, at least. Whenever she saw the Doctor, the Master bragged entirely about how the Doctor had lost everything. The Alchemist and Lucy had just exchanged exasperated looks, and Lucy went off to plan a way for the Alchemist to see him alone.

And the Doctor hadn't lost. The Alchemist had made sure that she was the Master's wife only in name. She fought the Master tooth and nail when he wanted to sleep with her, and made life hard for him whenever she could. All in all, it had been one hell of a year.

Currently, as maid Francine served tea to the Alchemist and Lucy, the Master wheeled the Doctor around in a wheelchair. The Alchemist winced, watching, and Lucy shook her head sadly. "Was he always like this?" the human woman asked.