5: The Singing Tree

A bunch of singing in this chapter. Be warned.

=============

Garroth's POV

It's been another hour since we've been searching for ___. I was bored, so I started to hum.

Then there was a girl singing... but she was singing in a weird language. I run to where the singing is coming from. I turned left and started to run again, ignoring Laurance who was trailing behind me. I stopped in front of a bridge. I turned to a tree. It sounded like it was singing. I observed the tree.

Then it stopped.

"A singing tree." Laurance said, breathing heavily.

"What's that?" I asked, confused on what happened.

He smiled. "I read about it on a book. The book is called 'Walk Two Moons'. Very interesting book."

"Is the book real?" Curiosity got ahold of my mind, and I couldn't stop it.

"Nah. It's one of those realistic fiction genres." He shrugged, and looked at the tree.

He did something that surprised me. He hugged the tree. Then he kissed it.

"Just like the book. A hint of blackberries." He wiped his mouth with the top of his left hand.

I heard someone singing, again. It is someone different. She was singing another song. It has the same rhythm as the last one. This time, I decided to listen, and not try to find the singer. Her voice was really angelic, literally like an angel that had learned a beautiful song and is singing the song.

"Somehow that's now my most precious treasure..." My voice trailed off.

"Deep, and meaningful lyrics." Laurance said, staring at nothing in awe.

A sound of a door closing was heard, and I turned to the sound. Still nothing.

I sighed. "The lyrics are beautiful... but they aren't the most beautiful thing in my life."

Much luv <3