17: The Beginning of the End

Welcome, to the beginning of the end. Thank you, for not rage quitting and sticking around for the end! But, it's not the end... yet. Now, onto the story

=============

3rd POV

As Garroth left, the reader goes to get Lady Aphmau, and Laurance, and they get The Stranger, Emmalyn, Dante, and Kenmur.

"Stay here. Help guard the village, please." Laurance said, his hands on the reader's hands. They were both behind the group.

"No. I'm coming with you." ___ said, her violet eyes filled with determination.

Laurance sighed. "Fine. Just... be careful. Garroth would kill me if you get hurt."

"..." She said nothing, as they catch up with the others.

Tears started to form in Laurance's ice blue eyes. "What if I can't see Krystal again? I... I may not survive if Garroth is as hostile as a creeper."

"Hey. Look at me." He turned to face ___. "You will survive, okay. I won't allow you to die." She had a small smile on her face.

"Okay..." Laurance sighed.

Once the group reached the forest, Aphmau and The Stranger ran too fast inside the forest.

"Hold on!" The reader stopped in front of something horrifying.

"No..."

"Heh, look what we have here." Zane smirked at the group.

"Garroth...? No... please no." ___ clutched her head and fell on the grassy floor.

"HAHA! Poor little defenseless guard! I can't believe my big brother fell for you. You almost did catch him, you know... but you just didn't. He fell, and I helped him back up." Zane cackled.

"No." The reader mumbled. She got up.
"YOU SON OF A [bloop]!" She went to attack the High Priest, but her lover stopped her, their swords clashing.

"I'll get help." Dante ran off, but the rest knew that the help isn't going to help them.

"Back away, ___." His monotoned voice caught her off guard, having Garroth knocking her back.

To cut things short: Things happen... bad things.

The only thing that the reader remembered was the fight.

And the part she remembered... was when she felt like she was going to die.

Her hands gripped the leather handle of her 3 foot long ___ (gem) sword, which was preventing her from getting chopped to pieces by the High Priest.

"I see you've finally came to your senses... protecting your Lord." His milky white eyes stared in her soul.

She gritted her teeth. "You better not lay a hand on Lady Aphmau." ___ gathered all of her strength and pushed Zane back, causing him to fall on the floor.

"Ugh." He groaned, while she catched her breath.

"Heh... pathetic." She spat, glaring at Zane.

"Says the one who's about to get killed." He got up, and attacked ___.

She held her sword to protect herself.

"How about now, ___? I thought I was pathetic?"

"You are... why do you even dare to try to attack Lady Aphmau? There are many people like myself that will protect her with our lives."

There was a small groan from Mysterious Man, but ___'s eyes didn't tear away from Zane's gaze.

"Whatever. Let's get this over with, reader." Zane attacked.

The reader closed her violet eyes, waiting for the pain to go through her. A scream built up in her chest, but she release it.

When there was no pain, ___ opened her eyes and saw the familiar set of armor.

Tears welled up in her eyes when the reader saw Garroth in front of her, blocking Zane from hurting both her and Lady Aphmau.

"Oh look. Guess who else came back to their senses." Zane spat, his eyes glowing.

"... I was blind. I had let Zane into my thought... my actions. I was jealous... I'm so sorry, ___." His voice was pained, but he still kept his guard up.

"Garroth..."

"I felt like Yui was connected to you, somehow when I met her. To find out it was actually you... I'm so sorry. I'm sorry... I'm such an idiot!"

"Stop being so pathetic, big brother! The fight is in front of you, not behind you."

"... I love you, ___. Never forget that." Garroth's grip was shaky.

"I won't... and you won't either." She unsheathed her long sword (A/N THAT IS NOT WHAT SHE SAID. I REPEAT. THAT IS NOT WHAT SHE SAID. Now, back to le program). She hit Zane on the feet two, so that he fell down.

"Congratulations. You have officially fallen for me," ___ said sarcastically. "Now I shall kill you."

"No... I can't risk losing you, again."

"Hey," the reader turned to her left, facing her lover. "Remember? As long as I'm with you, we will survive." She smiled.

There were faint footsteps. Both Garroth and ___ turned around and lunged at the High Priest.

"Not so fast, Zane." All of their swords clashed together, 2 vs 1.

A familiar sound of a portal appearing rang in the reader's ears.

"Go..." Garroth's expression was grim.

"No... we can't leave you here alone with that monster." Aphmau said, while Laurance tried to lead her to the portal.

"Garroth will not be alone. I'll stay." She still kept holding off Zane's sword from chopping them into debris.

"No, we can't possibly leave you both here." Aphmau protested.

"I said go!" Lady Aphmau reluctantly gave in, and stepped in the portal.

"Now. Let's end this."

=============

I'm so sorry for the HUGE delay in updating this book.

More 800 words, people. Are you proud?!

Also, the next chapter is the last and final chapter OF THIS BOOK.

Of this book.

Gareader will happen. That's the ship name of Garroth and the reader.

No? Okay...

Anyways, I'll be starting with the last chapter OF THIS BOOK right nooooow!

Much luv <3