6: Food

Your POV

"(y/n)! Food's ready!" Emily's voice rang from downstairs.

Just one more chapter left, you thought.

"Okay! Be there in a second!" You close your book and go down the stairs.

The scent of baked bread, and pasta filled your lungs. You sigh, not from exhaustion, but from comfort.

"I baked some bread, and made pasta. Do you like pasta?"

"Yep!" You feel your stomach growl, and you feel yourself turn red.

Face... you did it again.

"Hehe, good thing I just finished. Come!" She step to the side, and I saw a big table with a bunch of food.

"Dang! Are we having a party? And how did you cook all of this? Aren't you only 12? What type of bread is that? Is all of this homemade?" You held your breath the whole time, so when you finished asking questions you started to breathe heavily.

"Okay, slow down! No, we are not having a party. I love cooking, so I've been knowing how to cook since a long time. I am only 12. It is white bread. Yes, this is all homemade. Is that all?" She had a big smile on her face.

"Yup. And, thank you for all of this."

"No problem. I like to help others in need." She smiled warmly. "Now shall we eat?"

~ • ~

"How long have you've not eaten?!" Emily exclaimed as I taken another slice of bread and got the butter.

"Like... 12 hours?" You say, counting the hours. "Wait, only 11 hours."

Her eyebrows rose. "Dang, girl! I should've fed you once you've came!"

You laughed. Then somethings popped up in your head.

"Oh yeah. I have a HUGE favor to ask you." You've been thinking about this for a while, and you decided that you wanted to move in with Emily.

"Sure, go ahead." She said, grabbing her 2nd slice of bread, and spreading butter on it.

"May I move in with you? I have no where else to go, besides Bright Port. But I think this is a good place to hide from him." You say the last part sourly.

"Of course, girly!" She smiled. "It would be nice to have some more company!"

"'Girly'? And 'other company'?"

"Don't judge. And, yes. You know the purple and blue bed? That's my best friend, Anna's bed. She's out, buying some things." She looks at the door.

"Want me to look for her?" I volunteered,

"You will? Thank you, (y/n)! I'm in your debt!" She got up from her dining chair and got a (f/c) cloak and handed it to you.

"I also have a really long red dress if you want to wear it." Emily offered.

"Sure!" You followed her upstairs and she went to the dresser next to the red canopy bed.

"Ah! Here it is." She took it out, and later it on the bed.

"I-It's really pretty." You say in awe.

"It was my mothers. When I ran away, I brought most of her wardrobe." She said. "But this dress was my favorite. Reminds me of the song, Lady in Red."

Now, that hit you hard. In the face.

The song that Garroth confessed his feeling for me.

"It does." You smile.

"So, you wanna wear it? I have a room for changing, or the bathroom." Emily pointed to the mysterious doors.

So that's what those lead to.

"I'll go for the bathroom." You say.

"Alright, I'll see you downstairs." Once she left, you go in the bathroom and look at yourself in the mirror.

Another adventure, here I come.

Much luv <3