Chapter 3

It was the day of the first episode. Zendaya's hand shook on top of her thigh as her hair stylist did her hair. Val had decided to go with a down style, and that was exactly what the stylist was doing. Zendaya's dress hung on a chair, waiting for it to be put on. The door opened and closed behind them two, to reveal Val standing right there. He looked around the room, leaving his eyes on Zendaya. She looked up from her phone and saw Val looking at her. A light shade of pink came upon both of them. 

"It's looking good."

Val said to the stylist. She nodded her head and got back to doing to burnette's hair. "Are you nervous?" Val said to Zendaya."Yes." Her voice was light, about to crack from no reason at all. "You don't have to be."

Val placed his hand on her shoulder. She was in her little daydream to notice that Val has sat next to her. He looked at all the little flaws that made the girl a beauty. Her smile, her eyes, her personality, her everything.

Val quickly snapped out of his thought of train when the stylist left. He guessed that she was done with Zendaya's long her. "You like it?" Zendaya asked. Her long nails ran through her hair. Reaching the every end of it. "It looks good." 

"THIRTY MINUTES!" 

The producers voice frightened the two. Zendaya got up from her sit and shooed Val away. "Leave. I need to get ready." They both laughed. "You can wait outside if you'll like." She continued. Val stepped out of the door and waited outside.  He bets that the dress will look amazing on the sixteen year old.

A slight tap was placed on Val's shoulder. "Hey Val!" He knew that voice from anywhere. It was his previous dance partner. The General Hospital star. Kelly Monaco. He ran his eyes, and turned around. She had a smile that went from ear to ear. He can tell that it was fake. She is trying to hide something. 

"Hey Val." Zendaya said coming out of the room. Her voice slowing fading. She had noticed that Kelly was there. "Hi I'm Zendaya, I have to go. The show's about to start." She gave Kelly the realest smile that she can have and walked away. 

She knew that Val still had a thing towards Kelly. He'll never like a teenager who is 10 years younger than him.

-

After the show all the interviewers went to the dance floor. Zendaya can see her best guy friend from the crowd. "Trevor!" She jumped into his arms. He secured his arms around her. "You were great." His slightly deep voice whispered into her ear. Giving Zendaya goosebumps down her spine. 

Val couldn't believe his eyes. The girl he was starting to like have a crush on has a boyfriend. But he did see it coming. Why wouldn't a girl as beautiful as Zendaya not have a boyfriend?A bunch of questions ran through Val's mind. "Zendaya has a better love life than I do." Val could hear Victor say from the backgrounds.