Unfortunate coincidence

Disclaimer- All characters, places...etc... belong to Gosho Aoyama. The only thing I own is the basic storyline of this fanfiction and nothing else.
---------------------------------------------------------

I held back my tears as Ran sympathetically stared into my blank eyes and continued to explain why she didn't love me anymore.

" Shinichi... I'm sorry... But I've found another man and we dearly love each other. I understand that you must be confused and mad, but I think I can't live without him now. We're moving to Canada next Saturday and we've already bought a house... I'm really sorry for telling you this out of the blue, but I'm quite certain that you will be able to find another talented and beautiful girl in no time.

Please forgive me for doing this, but my love towards you isn't as strong as it used to be. You just don't seem to care about me as much anymore..."
Ran gazed into my hazy eyes. I could clearly see her pity and worry, and I desperately wanted to grab her arm and plead not to go, but my pride as a respected detective held me back.

Sighing, I looked up at my concerned former-girlfriend, allowing the bitterness seep through my nearly broken mask of fake happiness.

"Okay" I replied, hoping to sound manly and composed. "I mean, I was also wondering if I was good enough for you anyways. I'm sure your new fiancee is much more suited for you than me- a mystery solving geek. Have a great life in Canada, and call me if you get involved in a nasty case over there." I told Ran as I forced a smile for her future.

Ran carefully eyed me, as if she was expecting something else. Moments later, she bit her bottom lip and spun around, walking towards the bustling streets.

I stood there, wondering whether to run after her or to cooly shrug it off and return home. I chose the latter, deciding that it would be right to let her go and move on with my own life.

But I couldn't help but feel strangely empty inside. My childhood friend and girlfriend just broke up with me and left right in front of my eyes.

How could I not feel empty and alone?

As if the sky also understood my pain, or was just trying to piss me off, it suddenly started to rain heavily. I cursed and ran towards the nearest alleyway, hoping to find a shelter from the pouring rain.

Who would have ever known?
Even I, the Great Detective of the East never expected to discover a dying theif in an alleyway- and not just an ordinary criminal; KID1412.

And this, is exactly the moment where my entire life changes, both in good and bad.

---------------------------------------------------------
Hello!
I never knew
writing a fanfic could be this exciting and scary at the same time! By the way, this fanfic is boy x boy - so if you are not interested, please do not read. (There's no point putting this at the bottom.... But it's still better than nothing) I unfortunately have not yet finished watching or reading Detective Conan, so I'm really sorry if I make mistakes or slightly OOC.