Treating the wounded

Just as I was about to check on Kid, the doorbell echoed through the house and I sprinted towards the porch. I flung the door open, and there stood a surprised Haibara and a worried Professor Agasa.

I panted while talking "the patient is upstairs, the first room on the left. I'm just going to fetch a bucket of water and some towels for the patient. I'll meet you guys in the room."

I rudely ran off, leaving the two dumbstruck and confused.

When I entered the room with a bucket, medicine and towel in both hands, Haibara immediately spun around and yelled "What are you thinking you idiot! It's Kaito Kid! What is he doing here in your house when he should be in jail instead! Do you even have a brain?"

As I was about to retaliate, Kid interuppted "hey uh... Miss Yelling-my-head-off? Isn't it a bit mean to tell a wounded person to go away especially when they have a hole in their stomach? And I thought you were kind and thoughtful... a little disappointing."

"Disappointing? Is there a particular reason why I should be respectful to a mere theif? You, Mister, is Kaito Kid, the most wanted jewelery thief in Japan, so why should I be sympathetic and take care of your damn injuries?"

Harsh, I thought, but true. I couldn't quite understand why Kid wanted my help when he has millionaire fans all around Japan willing to sacrifice themselves for him.

"Uh..." Kid stuttered, and I could garantee that I saw a slight blush which unfortunately, soon disappeared. "Because Mr. Detective is reliable? He seems very...uh... dedicated to his job and seems to take care of his friends?"

"Yes." Haibara firmly stated. "He is extremely dedicated to his job which means he will hand you over to the police this instant. Secondly, he is only benevolent to his friends, and you are not included."

To my surprise, Professor Agasa interfered with Kid and Haibara's debate leaving us all startled.

"Ai-kun, I get what you mean, and I do not think you are wrong. But I do believe that we must take care of the wounded no matter who they are. So, Shinichi, how about we treat Mr. Kid's injuries, and leave him here until he recovers then turn him over to Officer Nakamori?"

"Uh... Professor I do think that is a great idea, but why exactly, are you asking me?"

As if it was the most obvious question ever, the Professor confidently answered, "because you are the owner of this house of course! Why, would you like me to take him to my house instead?"

"No it's fine!" Kid and I answerd at the same time. I sent him a questioning look, but soon explained "I think it will be much more convenient for you and me if Kid stayed at my house. I'm sure Haibara wouldn't like it if Kid interfered with her work anyways. Thanks for the offer though."

Professor nodded in agreement and sighing in exasperation, Haibara muttered "Okay then. I need to clean and stitch Kid's wound so if you guys will go out, I will begin. And do not come in because I absolutely hate being interuppted."

With a nod, Professor and I walked out of the room and closed the door. And I could cross my heart that I heard Haibara swear and Kid yelp in surprise.

--------------------------------------------------------

Yay! Chapter 4 finished!
Please correct me if I have made grammatical or spelling mistakes because I hate the idea of making you guys read something with mistakes in it.

I will also be away this whole week so I'm not sure if I can update anytime soon. I am terribly sorry, but I. will. definately. update. no matter what!!!

Have a great day or night, and "See you nest Illusion!"