Encounter

As I ran inside the dark alleyway, I heard a click behind my back. A sound too familiar, but a sound that I shouldn't be able to hear right now in Beika.
The click was undoubtedly a sound from a gun, right before the trigger is pulled. I swore inside my head, while going through a list of criminals within Tokyo that I could have accidentally stumbled upon.

As I was wondering how I could escape from this situation, the criminal laughed, and I could sense mockery from his cracked voice.

Judging from his tone, the criminal was injured or was in no state to strike back even if I had attacked.

Glad that I had listened to Ran's rambles and lectures about a good kick and a punch, I slowly adjusted my body into a suitable karate position for both attack and defence.
Just as I was about to turn around and throw in an uppercut, the man suddenly spoke.

"Who knew the Sherlock Holmes of the 21st Century was a big fan of Kaito Kid, and stalked him into an alleyway where he was simply attempting to escape from his psycopathic killers? Sorry detective, but I'm in serious trouble here, so unless you wish to help me and take me to a safe place, you're gonna have to die."

All the things the man said suddenly clicked in all at once, and I could help but yell, and look back.

I saw a man dressed in a white suit, with a severe bullet wound in his stomach. I gasped, but managed to control my panic.

"K...Kaito Kid?" I whispered, hoping it was just one of his stupid cosplayers.
"Is that... really you?"

"Um... yes! And I'm kind of about to die, so mind helping me? I mean, you would also be in trouble if you ignored a dying person; especially Kaito Kid- right, Mr. Detective?"

I awkwardly nodded and shuffled towards him. I grabbed his arm and pulled him up, since he was lying down in an extremely sexual pose.

"Um... so... where do you want me to take you?" I carefully asked trying to ignore the hole in his stomach.

Kid stared at me as if I was stupid, and replied "your house of course! What do you not understand about save me and keep me alive so I don't die?"

I gaped at Kid's boldness but nodded, and hung his left arm around my shoulders.

"Can you walk?" I asked. "My house is about 10 minutes away. Or do you want me to call someone and have them drive us?"

Kid observed me carefully, after responding "No, I'm pretty sure I can manage, I'm not as weak as you think I am. And who knows, you might call the police instead of an acquaintance."

I secretly rolled my eyes at his cautiousness but concluding that I would have done the same if I was in his position, I slid my arm across his waist and we slowly began to walk towards my house.

-------------------------------------------------------
Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm not certain when I can upload the next chapter, but I will try to upload at least once a week. Until then,
"See you next illusion!" (My favourite quote from Kaito1412)