The game has begun

The image above is the closest I could find for Shinichi's personal library:)

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××

When I looked up from the book, which just happened to be the climax, it was quarter past five in the morning.

"...woah...that's pretty late" I muttered to myself as I piched my legs desperately trying to stay up.

The fatigue had finally hit me and I was yearning for sleep but my Holmes-loving personality woudn't allow me.

A few minutes had passed and I was still wondering whether to read or to sleep when the door slowly creaked open with a spine-chilling sound.

"...Who's there?" I yelled and an obnoxious laugh echoed across the room.

Shocked and unable to calmly judge the situation, I grabbed my phone and was about to call the police.

Thats when I heard a loud thump,
possibly the sound of someone banging into a bookshelf.

And moments later, with an exasperated sigh, the intruder spoke.

"It's me Mr.Detective. How come you couldn't deduce my identity immediately? Are you sure you're the renowned detective that can solve complex crimes with the bat of an eyelash?"

"...Kid? What are you doing up here so late? Aren't you supposed to be healing and creating tactics to escape this place? ...No, how did you even manage to find me? Isn't this your first time here?"

Kid chuckled and replied "Its not very considerate to ask a magician to reveal their tricks Mr.Detective."

"...whatever. Anyways, can you stop calling me Mr.Detective? Its been annoying me for quite a while. I have a proper name."

"...I know... Kudo-kun."

"There we go. See how easy it is? I mean you wouldn't be pleased if I called you..." Then I realized that Kid had called me by my actual name and stopped mid sentence.

"Wait. What did you just call me?"

"Um... I think I called you Kudo-kun. Would you like me to call you by your first name instead?"

"...no. Kudo-kun is fine ...Do you have a name you prefer as well? It is quite tiresome to call you KID or 'KID the Phantom Theif' anyway."

Kid thought for a few seconds after looking directly into my weary eyes. "Nope, I am very pleased with those names. It means that you actually acknowledge my ability and existence."

"...someone's optimistic..." I quietly mumbled, unfortunately loud enough for the cunning theif to hear.

"No,no its not optimism. Though I am quite a carefree person. I'm just glad that you worry and think about me."

For some very peculiar reason I blushed madly at that statement, but fortunately a shadow was cast on my face so Kid wasn't able to tell my expression.

I concluded that my weird reactions was because my brain was too tired to function properly and stood up from my La-Z-Boy.

"I'm going to sleep. And so should you. Do not think of running away, not that you could... I'll change your bandages tomorrow morning."

I shuffled towards my room completely unaware of Kid's queer attitude and expression.

"... one point to me, zero to Mr.Detective. I told you, you're already fawning over me even though you're not aware of it.

Our game has already been won by me, Kudo-kun."

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

...I have no excuses... I'M SO SORRY EVERYONE!!! you see, I'm really regretting making that promise of updating once a week because there is no way I can keep it.

Sorry, I honestly don't think I can. I haven't given up on this book though, and I have the whole book planned out. I just haven't written it yet........

*sigh... anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, there was a lot of dialogue and I was so confused I didn't know who was speaking...

Oh and 'Mr. Detective' is 'Tantei-kun' in Japanese, I just wanted to turn it into English just in case some people had no idea what konnichiwa or senpai or Hai meant... exept the honorifics of course. I love Japanese honorifics!!!!

Sorry, I'll stop talking now...

Have a great day/night and
"See you next illusion!"