Awkwardness

Who would have known that walking with Kaito Kid could make you feel so unbelievably uncomfortable and awkward?

The 10 minutes felt like 10 damn years, and I couldn't help but despise my lack of socialization.

After I secretly threw a few more insults at myself, I could finally catch a glimpse of my house. I held Kid's waist tighter, and fastwalked towards my house in order to escape from the rain (but mainly to avoid the awkwardness).

I rummaged through my pocket and as soon as I managed to find the key, I hurriedly opened the wooden door. I glanced at Kid, whose condition somehow seemed to have worsened over the last few minutes. Even forgetting to take off my muddy sneakers, I literally dragged Kid into the first room that came into sight.

With a loud thump, I dropped Kid on the single bed, and he groaned probably due to the pain or annoyment. I stood next to the bed for a good 5 minutes, going through different ways to treat a life-threatening bullet wound.

Finally, I decided that I should just call someone and let them deal with this pain in the ass instead. Pleased with my conclusion, I began to walk towards the door wondering where I had thrown my cellphone.

Just as I was about to turn the doorknob, Kid whispered " Oi, don't tell me you're gonna leave me here, dying? I thought that you were a responsible and kind detective?"

"Of course I am." I retorted. "Thats why I am kindly going to call someone so they can come over and properly treat your wound."

"I don't believe you" was the reply I got from the ungrateful theif, and this made me extremely pissed.

Barely managing to surpress my anger I growled, "If you wish to die, then that is absolutely fine with me. But if you want to live, shut up and wait until I call a damn doctor. Okay?"

"...okay..." Kid mumbled, and with a satisfied smirk, I closed the door and went downstairs.

No matter how many times I walked through this house, it was always so unfamiliar and empty. With my parents living in America and now my former girlfriend moving to Canada, it was not a lie to say that I am now the only one who lives in or visits this place.

After Habara had invented the cure for the APTX4869, (which was a poison I was forced to eat which had shrunk me into an elementary student for three years) I immediately took it and safely returned to my original self.

But when I told Ran everything and asked her if we could get engaged, Ran had already met another man, richer and more handsome than me.

Hattori began to date Kazuha and they forgot about Kudo Shinichi and Conan Edogawa.

Officer Sato and Takagi got married, and moved to Kyoto.

My parents decided that it was time for me to face the society on my own so they moved to Los Angeles to enjoy their 12th honeymoon.

Cutting off my dreadful flashback, I called Professor Agasa, the only person that truly seemed to care about me.

"Hello?" The professor spoke, and it sounded as if he was eating those instant chicken noodles again.
"Oh Shinichi! How are you? It's been ages since you last called me! Would you like to come over? I'm taking Ai-kun and the kids to the newly open cake shop. Apparently its a 40% sale on every cake and desserts!"

I smiled, but remembering the reason I had called him I answered,
"Professor, I'm sorry for the disruption, but I would like you to help me with something. Its pretty urgent. Could you please bring Haibara and the First Aid kit as well? A person's life depends on this."

I could hear the Professors gasp and pictured the shock in his eyes. I felt my lips go dry, and desperately needed a glass of water, but waited for the middle aged man's reply.

"Okay Shinichi. Just wait for a few minutes so I can collect the proper equipment and tell the kids that the plan has been cancelled."

"Thanks Professor. Sorry for ruining your plan."

"Don't worry. I sure you wouldn't have called if it wasn't as salient. I'll be there soon, so look after the patient- remove their shirt if you can and keep them cool. If there is a fever don't give them any medicine, just leave a cold towel on their forehead."

I whispered "Okay. I'm relying on you Professor" and hung up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading!

"See you next illusion!"