03; | Calista

03; Calista

Third person;

Reclusa sat huddled in her corner, her arms wrapped securely around her knees. It was morning now, and most of the prisoners were either asleep or passed out. Either way, they were quiet, and Reclusa liked it that way.

However, she did not appreciate her sleep going unfulfilled.

The 24 year old closed her eyes, trying her best to block out all of the thoughts of what they could do to punish her for not completing her mission.

She was no longer an asset to them. They would kill her without blinking, because that's just how they roll.

While Reclusa thought, another inmate was being dragged through the corridors; a female. She fought the security guard's grip as well, falling to her knees with a cry. "It wasn't me!" She yelled, tears staining her cheeks. The guards ignored her and pulled her along with no questioning.

The young girl stopped her fighting and they pulled her along with them. They took her through the unending corridors, none of them making a sound except for her quiet whimpers every other minute or two.

"It wasn't me," She whispered again as she stood in front of a barred cell. She whimpered and slumped her shoulders as she looked at the nasty floors she would have to sleep on.

The guard pulled out his keys, finding the correct one to unlock the door, and stuck it into the keyhole. It unlocked successfully, and the guards pushed her inside. She fell down to her knees, cries escaping her lips as tears blurred her vision of the dirty floor below her.

Reclusa heard the cries of the young girl and she looked up ahead of her, sighing when she saw that the girl was directly in front of her.

"Hey, there," Reclusa deadpanned and the girl looked up, her pretty big eyes droopy due to tears. Reclusa pursed her lips. "What's your name?" "Calista," She whispered, and Reclusa smiled. "My name is Reclusa," She introduced to the young girl. She couldn't have been over 19.

The girl cracked a small smile. "Your name is very unique." She inquired, and Reclusa nodded. "My parents were hardcore arachnologists." She concluded, and Calista smiled at the ground but quickly frowned.

"What happened, kid? Why are you here?" Reclusa asked, and Calista sighed, reaching her hand up to wipe her eyes, then put her face in them and sat for a while. Reclusa waited with a sigh. She was once that young and scared, and it's not the best feeling in the world.

"My stepfather murdered my mother to take her money, and then he-" She whimpered, "He raped my little sister and killed her, as well. Then he went for me, and I pointed a gun at him, but I just couldn't kill him. He then sent me here, saying that I killed the both of them, and then attacked him." She then buried her face in her hands, whispering, "I couldn't save her," Over and over again.

Reclusa's heart broke at that.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Calista." Reclusa whispered, and Calista never replied, however, she just cried for a while.

The guards began to walk down the corridors of the asylum towards Reclusa's cell, the keys clinging against the gun on the right guard's hip. They stopped in front of Reclusa's cell, and her breath hitched.

"Get up," The guard deadpanned, and she did as she was told. "Where are you taking me?" They did not reply. They reached into the cell, grabbing her by her arms and tugging her away. Calista watched them take her away, crying as she clung to the bars. Reclusa looked over her shoulder. "I'll come back, I promise. Don't worry," She reassured Calista and herself.