05; | Winston

05; | Winston

Third Person;

"You have no idea," Wade Winston Wilson jested to his friend over the table, his red and black mask lying on the table as he reached for his glass of beer. His friend on the other side of him shared a chuckle as he leaned back in his seat, his red helmet also sitting on the table in front of him.

"So how are things?" Matt asked Wade, and Wade shrugged, then realizing that Matt was blind, so he took in a breath to say, "Don't know, Matty B." Matt's face fell at the mention of Wade saying, "I don't know," to how he's feeling, and he pursed his lips, his red suit making him slightly uncomfortable. The two had just gotten back from taking down some bad people in Hell's Kitchen and had decided to settle for a low key bar on the outskirts of town.

It was a little sketchy but the two men could handle themselves if something happened.

Matt sighed. "This is about Reclusa, isn't it?" He knew Wade like the back of his hand, and even though he couldn't see Wade, he knew what his face looked like. Pained, shocked, and confused all at once.

"Damn, you just dive in right off the bat, don't you?" Wade jested, sitting his now empty glass down on the wooden table. Matt smiled. "I'm a lawyer, what more do you expect of me?" Matt said, causing Wade to laugh slightly.

"But yes, this is about Reclusa." Wade said, looking down at the table. Matt nodded, gesturing for Wade to continue. With a sigh, the Merc with a Mouth elaborated.

"I have a feeling she's in trouble." Wade said over the table to his friend, and Matt's eyebrows narrowed.

"Why do you say that? Have you contacted her lately?" Matt asked, his joking voice now full of concern and seriousness.

Wade sighed. This was one of the only times that he couldn't find the words to say, and it scared him to a point where tears swelled in his eyes. Matt sighed, glad for once that he was blind so he wouldn't have to see his best friend cry.

"I can't. I'm scared to talk to her, you know? It's like, there's this invisible entity that's pulling me from calling her up and asking if she's alright, because you know how I am, Matt. I'm cocky, I like to get my hands dirty. But with her? It's like I'm a whole different person. I can't take that." Wade was now biting back tears, and he quickly changed the subject before a tear fell.

"How's Foggy-Bear?" Wade asked, and Matt broke into a smile, his distant eyes crinkling in humor. "He still doesn't like you." Wade laughed, throwing his hand over his mouth with a fake gasp.

"I thought he loved me!" Matt chuckled, taking a sip of his beer with a smile. "Well, I guess everyone doesn't really like an annoying talking zombie hanging over your shoulder, telling your ex wife that she's hot and that she should call you up one night and you can go and fondue with her." Matt said, and Wade choked back on his drink, laughter taking over him as he threw his head back.

"She was hot, man." Wade defended, shrugging his shoulders as they shook uncontrollably. Matt couldn't help but laugh back at his friend, the memory flooding his head like the floods did to Noah and his Ark.

It was only silent for a mere second before Wade's cell phone began to ring, vibrating along with the melody of "Hollaback Girl" by Gwen Stefani.

"The shit is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S!" It sang, and Wade's face went slack. His eyes flew up to Matt, and Matt felt Wade's heart rate quicken. "What is it, Wade?" Matt asked as Wade picked up the phone, his eyes wide as they were glued to the screen of his cracked iPhone 5s.

When Wade didn't reply, Matt called at him again. "Wade, what is it?" He said, panic lined in his voice. When Wade finally spoke, it was like a blessing and a curse to Matt. The relief washed over him, but it was replaced when the morbid feeling of regret as Wade spoke.

"It's Reclusa."

◇◆◇

"Come on," Reclusa muttered under her breath as she kept the phone close at her ear, hearing the familiar, but annoying, ring of the phone on the other side. She sighed with relief when there was a pick up of the phone, and she immediately began to speak, giving him no time to greet or anything.

"Wade, I need your help. I'm in Arkham, you know the worst fucking asylum in the world? Gotham City, remember when we blew some shit up that one time? Yeah, that's where I am. I need your help. I have two companions that need to get out as well." On the other line, the Merc with a Mouth was speechless for once, his mouth opening and closing to every word she said.

She waited for a moment before she called him again, "Wade?" She said, panic lined in her voice at his silent state.

"Yeah, uh," He said, and she rolled her eyes. "Just get here fast. I have to get off now because they're coming close to me and I'm not supposed to be back here. Hurry, Wade." And with that, she slung the phone back onto its base, ducking under something quick before a set of guards came into her vision.

She watched them intently as they spoke, listening in to each and every word. "Did you hear what Waller was doing with the crazies?" One asked, and the other shook his head with narrowed eyebrows.

"I mean, I heard that she was new but I didn't really grasp what she was here for." He responded, and the other chuckled.

"The General said that she wanted to take Quinzel, Croc, Diablo, Lawton, Moone, and some other unlisted faces that no one will tell us about, and put em' together in some sorta dream team. The woman's crazy." The man said, shaking his head.

Although the news sounded absolutely bonkers to the other guard, it was music to Reclusa's ears. A dream team of some people that she could get along well with, and a chance to escape this hell hole? She wasn't passing that up.

She just needed to figure out a way to get herself noticed by this Waller woman, and she vowed to never leave Anarky nor Calista behind. A smirk grew beautifully on her face as the guards exited her view, and she went straight back to the common room, where she would tell the two expectant friends of her's her master plan, one that would over throw the other one that they thought rolled through perfectly.

(a/n: yo I fuckin updated

IM SO PROUD OF MYSELF :)

Anyways, so this is where Reclusa, Anarky, and Calista are getting introduced to the Suicide Squad, and it's just going to build up until August gets here!

IM SO FUCKING EXCITED!

Anywho, thanks for reading!

I love you all!!!

~KatXoXo