The Stereotypical Girl In the Horror Movie

Chapter 22

A young man stood across from her. Choco immediately went to sniff the new person. Quickly, the stranger opened the door and pushed Choco out before closing it. The poor dog whimpered and scratched at the door in response. 

“You do know me. We met only once before. I was hesitating because I didn’t think that you were ready yet, but then he just had to step in. That old man of mine already has my mom and that model girlfriend, but now he is trying to add in my Fiona. I had to  make my move. And I must say that it was exciting to finally make contact. You didn’t even notice.” A moment later, she heard the click of the lock on the door. 

“You are Bradley’s son, right,” she said as she backed up. She knew that she was close enough to try to make it for her bedroom. She would have to hide out there until she could call for help. 

Yet, the man’s eyebrows rose. 

“Fiona. Fiona. Fiona. My dad works in the movies. I am a movie expert. I can already tell that you are going to head for your bedroom. Don’t even try. If I have to catch you, it will only make this worse. Make this easy for the both of us.” He stepped farther into the apartment.  Like she would listen to him, she ran to make it to the door, but he caught her arm and pushed her in before him. He moved much faster than she anticipated. Once they were in the bedroom, he locked the door again. 

He shook his head in dismay. “I told you it was a bad idea. Now, look what you have done. Are you going to listen or are you going to try to jump out the window now?”

She actually looked at the window before realizing that she was at the top floor of the building. It would be suicide if she did jumped. When she turned back to face the intruder, she began to wonder if this option was better. Maybe she could stall him. Brick should be coming back. Hell, Chris and Alice should be coming. 

“Why are you here anyways?”

He crossed his arms over his chest. He really did look like a younger version of his dad with classic good looks. Too bad that was marred by his insanity.

“As if you don’t know, my precious Fiona? I have watched all of your movies since that role in 48 Seconds. I knew you were a star even then. You just kept getting more attention. But I knew about you first.” 

He slammed his fist against her wall and left a small dent. 

“I asked my dad to let me meet you, but he said that you were still ‘small peanuts’. He was scouting bigger and better stars. It took forever to convince that old man to do my bidding. I had to do a little detective work, but I got what I wanted. You should be thanking me. I gave you the perfect role.”  

He threw up his hands in frustration. "Then, you reject it."

Fiona backed up again and hit the back of her bed. She moved around it with the intention of leaning against the nearby wall. She did not want to give him any ideas. 

“Uhm. . .Thanks for the thought, but I found something else.”

“I know. Why? Everyone in the business knows that you are now an A-lister. You are so much better than that dinky little studio. I had to give my dad a little push, but he is not stupid. You have box-office draw. His movie was made for you. And I was trying to help you. What did I get in return? You announced your hiatus. What?” 

He knocked down a knicks-knack off her dresser. She tried to control her urge to flinch at the shatter of the glass. 

“I needed a break. You have been following me. You must know that I have not had a break in a long time.”