Using Your Stardom For Good

Chapter 8

It had been several days since the intrusion and Fiona still had a feeling something was wrong. She had checked over her bedroom several times and could not figure out what it was. Brick had taken to sleeping on the couch to give Fiona an extra feel of safety. He had expected the stalker to start sending more flowers again. Yet her door had remained free of any gifts. After three days of sleeping on her couch, Brick moved back across the hall to his own apartment.

As the week became a week and a half, Fiona became restless.

“At this rate, it will be just like before.” Picking up her cell phone, she called Brick over.

“Let’s go out.”

“Where? Another luncheon or something. Do you realize that you eat a lot?” Fiona tried to hold in a dramatic gasp.

“Excuse me. Were you never taught that it is improper to speak about a woman’s food intake?”

She slipped her feet into her favorite pair of red canvas shoes to match with her outfit. She had picked out a colorful patterned crop top and a white high waisted skirt. She loved this new trend and so did Brick. At just the right angle, she knew that he saw her stomach. The skirt, on the other hand, showed off her curves of her hips that she was so proud of. For an almost thirty-year old, she still had a body that could make traffic stop. She used to treasure herself. Now, she doubted herself and lost some of her confidence. At least, she was seeing these changes now.

Still, this stalker was starting a trend as well. He would leave her alone and make her happy and then BAM! he would come back and ruin everything. Well, she had dealt with worse. She checked to make sure that Choco had food for the day and was off to the car.

“Are you still mad about the food comment? We do go out to eat a lot.”

“No, I am not mad about that comment anymore. We are going to go see the Big Boss.” He nodded. Sure enough an hour later, they arrived in the business district. Fiona hopped out of the car, happily as they stopped in front of a shiny, glittering skyscraper. The glass doors led to a security desk right next to the door. The guard merely nodded without really looking up from the newspaper in his hands. She walked right past the front desk. There was no need to introduce herself as evident by the receptionist’s smile of awe. They walked to the elevator and headed up to the top floor.

“Don’t get the wrong idea. My brother doesn’t have an office in the whole building. Just the last ten floors. He leases the rest of the floors to other business.”

“Right because ten floors is not a lot to own either.”

“Brick, my brother has worked hard.”

“I’m sure.” The tone said he believed otherwise. Well, that was to be expected with Cole’s connection to the Ashburys. Fiona chose to remain quiet. There was no need to bring up her family’s dirty laundry. Patiently, she waited quietly as well. She could feel him, fidgeting.

“I’m not mad.”

“I don’t remember asking,” he said as if he was offended. Hmph, she was sure he was only mad because she had read him so well.

“How about you stop staring at my ass?”

For the first time, she heard him laugh. She heard the shuffle of his shoes against the elevator floor before feeling his breath against her ear.

“Well, stop wearing those tight little skirts and maybe I will.” The words sent a blast of heat through her body as his breath did the same thing to her ear. She could barely move as she adjusted to his front firmly against her back. Just as she got comfortable, the door opened to a group of businessmen. The men looked at Fiona for a second before recognition happened. Fiona waved hello before heading off. Brick followed close behind, turning back every so often to see that the men were checking out Fiona’s butt as well. He glared at them as the elevator doors closed.