Chapter 2

Merlin's POV
I was cleaning out the ashes from Arthur's fire place when Arthur walked in. He stopped in his tracks and started laughing hysterically . "What is it?" I asked apparently with an odd look on my face cuz that only made him laugh harder . " Y-your face i-it's completely black. You look like you have been c-coal mining ." He mAnaged to get out awhile laughing after every word . I looked in his mirror he was right I looked like my face was dunked in ink. I managed a giggle before I took some of his water and poured it on my face.
Arthur's POV
Merlin looked hilarious as he walked over to my water bucket and took the ladle and poured some on his face.He poured some over his hair to make sure no ask was in there that he couldn't see.He was completely soaked
the ash turned to a liquid all over him" Well that didn't go to plan." Merlin remarked looking around for a towel I guessed . I took off my shirt , sense I was about to change anyway ,and threw it at him. " Here use this I need to change anyway ." I told him as my shirt landed on his face. He said what sounded like a thank you but was muffled by my shirt I let out a laugh .
Merlin's POV
I ruffled my hair in Arthur's shirt and looked up in time to see Arthur walking over to his bed to lay down until training began. His back was really muscular and his tan skin contrasted with his blue eyes. Apparently I had been staring longer than I thought because Arthur gave me a questioning look . He raised one eyebrow and cleared his throat ," Can I help you?" He asked I shook my head and put his shirt in the laundry basket for me to clean later. As I was cleaning off his table I heard snoring and I looked over to his bed . I guess the dollop head fell asleep. I smirked to myself . I felt sorry that I was going to have to wake him up . He looked so peaceful with his hair falling in his face I couldn't help but smile. I brushed it away before waking him. I could've swore I saw the corners of his mouth perk up as I brushed back his hair.